Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballyphehane/Togher Safe?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

sozbox wrote: »
    Hi all,

Might be moving to one of these areas shortly and was wondering how quiet they are, whats' the worst part of each area?

I know they had a bad rep when I ins school but I'm guessing they have quietened down at this point?

Where exactly are you looking too move too? Renting or buying?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Lived there during the 90's never had any bother.
    Houses and gardens uses to be very well kept.
    MrMac84 wrote: »
    Where exactly are you looking too move too?

Have looked at some houses and am still looking, mainly in these areas:

Edward Walsh road
    Pearse road
    Sarahville place
    Pouladuff road

What I've noticed from spending time there is actually the well kept gardens, always a great sign when people take pride in their property.

Nothing here has put me off, quite the opposite in fact, seems a great place to live.

I think pouladuff road as stated already is the nicest area

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I think pouladuff road as stated already is the nicest area

Prices seem to suggest the same. Search continues

Prices seem to suggest the same. Search continues

Patience is the name of the game... When it's the house for you, you'll know immediately. Biggest purchase decision of your life in most cases so take your time and be sure

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

I love living in Ballyphehane. Would definitely buy a house there. Helps that my nana lives up the road if I need a feed of course :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Please bare in mind that a lot of people posting here live or used to live in these areas and I would politely suggest that their vision is clouded as a result.

Both of these areas are rough with plenty of undesirables. I would avoid both like the plague.

Regards,
    A Cork man who cares about his safety and yours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Please bare in mind that a lot of people posting here live or used to live in these areas and I would politely suggest that their vision is clouded as a result.

Both of these areas are rough with plenty of undesirables. I would avoid both like the plague.

Regards,

Booooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Regards,

To be honest, you're better off getting advice from people who live there rather than people who have "heard stuff". My girlfriend's family live there and it really seems quite safe, a lot of elderly couples living there. It might have been a bit worse 10 years ago but the age profile of the area makes it much safer now.

There's a bit of stupid turf wars over car parking spaces and some people are a bit too upfront with their republicanism but nothing I would consider unsafe.

Regards,

Do you live in Ballyphehane or Togher?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Do you live in Ballyphehane or Togher?

Thankfully not. I live in Montenotte.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

lol. Troll.

Hehehehe.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Thats what all the wannabe posh people from Mayfield say!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

From Ballyphehane myself. It's a great area. Bit of an ageing population, but that's not a bad thing. 30 years ago it certainly had a name for being a bit rough but not anymore. It's a nice area to live in, not far to walk to the Lough, ucc, or even town. There's still a bit of a Republican element around, but they generally don't cause a problem and unless you knew of them, you probably wouldn't even they are there really.
    Not many houses around for sale and most would probably be in need of a work.
    I've always felt safe walking through ballyphehane, never thought of it being any kind of an issue.

You get idiots everywhere though, even snottynotty:p

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    From Ballyphehane myself. It's a great area. Bit of an ageing population, but that's not a bad thing. 30 years ago it certainly had a name for being a bit rough but not anymore. It's a nice area to live in, not far to walk to the Lough, ucc, or even town. There's still a bit of a Republican element around, but they generally don't cause a problem and unless you knew of them, you probably wouldn't even they are there really.
    Not many houses around for sale and most would probably be in need of a work.
    I've always felt safe walking through ballyphehane, never thought of it being any kind of an issue.

You get idiots everywhere though, even snottynotty:p

Took a drive around there today and it did seem like the Euros had kicked off early! Try-colours everywhere.

Bar a few knuckle dragging tracksuits it seemed quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,033 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Took a drive around there today and it did seem like the Euros had kicked off early! Try-colours everywhere.

1916 thing has produced a lot of tricolours.
    It's noticeable because generally we don't be doing with flags that much in Ireland, I find.

You should have called in for the tea.

Is Quirkies (or whatever that place is called) still a scum magnet?

It was never as bad as it was made out to be :)
    It was really quite a great place at times.
    Closed now as mentioned but all (99.99%) the customers were local and as bad as it wasn't there are many locals who were proud to say they wouldn't drink there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement