Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belfast Marathon 2nd Of May

Options
  • 25-04-2016 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

I'm gonna give this a right good lash.
    Not sure anyone else here is doing it so if someone wants to knock me up a table for one that'd be great.

Ed Mc Groarty PB 3.00.05 Goal 2.54.59

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Poppy88

Yep, doing this. My first marathon, gunning for sub 3.30, any idea what to expect?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Poppy88 wrote: »
    Yep, doing this. My first marathon, gunning for sub 3.30, any idea what to expect?

keep a bit in reserve for the hill on ormeau road near the end, nearly finished me last year. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

Poppy88 wrote:

Check out the gps race profile in the sticky.
    Climbing mostly for the first half then sharp downhill. Around mile 18 IIRC it's fairly exposed along the carriage way, windy. Then a long drag at the end as ooter says.
    Add the wind rain and hailstones that follow me about and were all set for a fairly handy day.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

How did ye get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Ed Mc Groarty

paulers06 wrote:
    How did ye get on?

10k in 40.05
    Half in 1.26

Felt very strong throughout. But the wind in the second half slowed me down a bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement