Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 plus 12 month membership

Options
  • 25-04-2016 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hi all
    i bought a 12 month membership for the ps4 for my son at christmas from our local HMV/xtra vision which has since closed!! Anyway his old membership has just run out so we rooted out the new one only to find it won't work? keeps saying code may have expired/invalid? he has also tried signing in on playstation/sony website and still nothing? i have emailed HMV to ask about this and am waiting on a reply just wondered if this has happened anyone else who bought stuff from any of the many HMV's that have closed since january.
    thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Apparently they expire after a year (from what I can gather on the internet). I'd contact Sony directly if I were you, see if it's expired.

If it is, I'd imagine they can't do anything and you'll have to deal with HMV.

Also, for future reference, apparently PSPlus codes stack. So if you had a month left, and top up by 3 months, you'll have 4 months before a renewal is due. (I just came across this online, not sure if it's true, but seems like it is. I'm sure someone here can confirm).

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maj206

hi sheep thanks for reply, i will wait and see if i hear back from HMV before contacting sony. i just don't get how it won't work? the year before i bought the same thing at christmas and last april it worked fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just to confirm, 100% stackable

i don't know what that means RedXIV? or how it effects me? the code should surely not be activated until you input it yourself? just cos i bought it in december can't mean its activated since then, can it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just an FYI to let you know that if you had entered the code at Christmas when you bought it, it would've added the 12 months to the end of the current subscription. So you don't have to wait until the current sub expires.
    Doesn't help now, but something to know going forward so you can try codes as soon as you buy them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,774 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Does the box have an Irish flag on it or a UK one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

maj206 wrote: »
    hi all
    i bought a 12 month membership for the ps4 for my son at christmas from our local HMV/xtra vision which has since closed!! Anyway his old membership has just run out so we rooted out the new one only to find it won't work? keeps saying code may have expired/invalid? he has also tried signing in on playstation/sony website and still nothing? i have emailed HMV to ask about this and am waiting on a reply just wondered if this has happened anyone else who bought stuff from any of the many HMV's that have closed since january.
    thanks in advance for any help/advice.

This is a common glitch that quite a few people I know have been caught with. Most of the time it is resolved by logging on to PSN through your pc and redeeming the code through that method. Only last week my brother used this method for a membership that would not work on his PS4 .

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/latest-releases/cid=STORE-MSF75508-GAMELATEST

lertsnim wrote: »
    Does the box have an Irish flag on it or a UK one?

hiya it didn't come with a box this year or a disc as the lad in the shop said it was something to do with security when delivering them to the shop so all i got was a print out like a receipt with the code on it? i also have the matching receipt of purchase which i purposely kept?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

maj206 wrote: »
    hiya it didn't come with a box this year or a disc as the lad in the shop said it was something to do with security when delivering them to the shop so all i got was a print out like a receipt with the code on it? i also have the matching receipt of purchase which i purposely kept?

Have you tried inputting the code when signed into the PlayStation account whilst on the PC?

As posted above, that's happened me also before - when a code would not redeem on the console, I signed in on laptop and was able to do it for some reason!

If he put it in himself at Xmas (and forgot) it will stack on top of the current one running....

He can check that on the console by finding any PS+ title he has downloaded for free, pressing options and then information and you will see an expiry date - that is when the subscription is due to run out....

hi all
    looks like i finally may be sorted!! got an email back from HMV who basically said i would have to contact sony which I did and after 2 phone calls and sending pics of the voucher code and proof of purchase they confirmed that our voucher was one of many from a batch bought in ireland that was causing problems , they could see it wasn't activated and still had one use on it so have assured me that they will email through a new code in the next few working days :)
    thanks for all your comments and advice :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement