Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Technic Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Options
  • 25-04-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,096 ✭✭✭

New Technic model unveiled today - the Porsche 911 GT3 RS. It's a 1:10 scale model and is 17 cm high, 57 cm long, and 25 cm wide, with 2,704 pieces.

Features:

- Opening doors and hood
    - A trunk with case
    - Authentic stickers to give the model the faithful final touch
    - Rims in the original design with RS emblem

Pictures:

s42056_Box3_in_zpshfzpgbov.jpg

s42056_Box5_in_zpsdkpanrjt.jpg

42056-3_zpshsr28pn0.jpg

42056-2_zpsqujobmln.jpg

42056-1_zpsfnuezbfg.jpg

42056-4_zpsakobikaj.jpg

Designer Video:

Prices:
    US $299.99 - CA $349.99 - DE 299.99€ - UK £249.99 - DK 2599.00 DKK

Availability:
    Available June 1st from shop.LEGO.com worldwide and brand stores in Germany and Austria, then elsewhere August 1st. No early access for VIPs.

I think it looks great. Definitely at the top of the 'to buy' list

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I'm a little surprised that there are no motor functions considering the price. But the way they have packaged it and the unique serial numbers make this a collectors piece. If you're interested in this get it the day it comes out, I know I'll be picking it up straight away.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm a little surprised that there are no motor functions considering the price. But the way they have packaged it and the unique serial numbers make this a collectors piece. If you're interested in this get it the day it comes out, I know I'll be picking it up straight away.

It's not a limited set though. I was really expecting some new Power functions or something to justify the price. The cost seems to be going towards that packaging, book and Porsche Licence. The licence is fair enough, but inflating the cost with the first two to make it a "premium product" is just gouging. Not a big Porsche fan myself either and never really cared for 911.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Would have really liked to see RC functions in this considering the cost, even a pull back function, it's an expensive display model.

I'd say the number of MISB "both seals perfect "that end up on Bricklink and other such sites will be hillarious, as will be their prices. I would like it as I have the other cars from 853 to 8070 but 300 is a bit excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Magown3

Anyone purchase this beast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

It's still slightly cheaper in Smyths.

https://www.lughq.com/set-42056/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭hungry hypno toad

Got it at Christmas but haven't built it yet. Just built 42054 the Technic Claas Tractor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Finally getting myself sorted with one of these to build. Picked one up at a great price which my misses is going to fund for my birthday. Hopefully will have it built by the end of next week, only getting it on Tuesday.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭displaced dub

Built this earlier this year.

Was excellent building the chassis,gearbox, power train and engine.

The rest was a bit tedious. Looks good finished though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Bought in Argos deal yesterday and built over yesterday/today. AMAZING build, probably my favourite ever. Threw it up on Adverts if anyone wants to pick up an almost-new one cheap! :)

Advertisement