Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies, what proper lipstick brand is the best?

Options
  • 25-04-2016 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

There's like so many brands like, I don't want cheap crap like from penneys or Claire Accessories. I want to wear light red lipstick since I hardly wear makeup lol! Anyways girlie's, any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I have two red lipsticks I like - one is a Clinique one, the other is a Rimmel by Kate Moss one.
    My favourite lipstick brand is Lancome, not at all drying, but I don't have any of their reds.
    A lot of people rate MAC lipsticks, they're very highly pigmented which is great but I don't find that they last well and any I've tried have been super drying.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭ja1986

Can anyone remember the ingredient I'm meant to avoid in a lipstick if I have dry lips? Sorry for hijacking this thread but there may be some lip experts here .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

If you don't want to spend much on lipstick but still want a good one, get Rimmel ones. I have a few, the colour pay off is good, they smell nice and don't dry out your lips.

Don't knock the Penneys lipsticks, while I haven't one myself, people have been raving about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

I have a variety gathered over time, from maybelline, rimmel, nyx and a chanel, but I am currently in love with Penny's PS Love lip crayons. Got a fab red with a coral tinge that I am currently in love with!

I also think at €2,50 they are worth a shot! Have a couple of their lip pencils too and it's where I'd go first now if looking for something in particular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

Rimmel are definitely worth a punt for lipsticks, I have the Kate Moss one in 107 (a plum-red) and it's so comfortable and pretty. I've heard good things about Revlon lipsticks, and NYX are worth a try too.

When it comes to more expensive lipsticks, MAC probably have the best shade selection - go for a Satin, Lustre or Cremesheen finish rather than their Mattes or Retro Mattes. I've had a couple of Bobbi Brown lipsticks that were very comfortable to wear too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

I like the MAC mineral lipsticks. Plenty of pigment but they still feel nice and light on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I got Marc Jacobs Le Marc lipstick as part of a birthday gift from Sephora. Holy god, it's amazing! So richly pigmented and it literally does not budge. I've eaten a full meal and had several drinks while wearing it, and it was still there at the end of the night.

It's expensive, but I fully plan on stocking up on a bunch of colours when I can afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm addicted to Mac lipsticks. Have a few tom ford ones but the majority are Mac. Buying a lot from lipland lately too

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

I'm addicted to Mac lipsticks. Have a few tom ford ones but the majority are Mac. Buying a lot from lipland lately too

Oh no! I just checked out lipland, and their matte crayon lipsticks look amazing :eek:
    Thanks Lexie, i'm now about to be broke :p

Advertisement