Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Audi a4 2011

• 25-04-2016 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Looking at an audi a4 2011 sline 2ltr diesel 120bhp. Irish car, seems very clean with about 90k miles on the clock.
    Getting someone to give it the once over tomorrow but is there any specific issues I should be looking at with this car, or anything I should be looking at.
    Not great with cars so any advice welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Service history is no.1,make sure to check for noises or vibration from the clutch and flywheel they are still expensive to replace usually go at around 150k km.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,297 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the timing belt change on that engine is around the 100k miles or 5 year mark. As said make sure there is no vibration through the clutch as flywheel wear is quite common on these at around that mileage.

Personally, I'd try and hold out for a 140bhp or 170bhp version if you can. The 120bhp feels a bit breathless once it gets going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Thanks folks. I'll get those checked.

Advertisement