Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Volkswagen Golf GTi mk 5 battery drain RNS 510 upgrade

Options
  • 25-04-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I upgraded from a RCD500 unit to a RNS 510 on my 2005 Volkswagen golf mark 5 GTi and I'm experiencing battery drain. I have read a lot into this and I've come to the conclusion I need to upgrade my Can Bus gateway. Is this upgarde as simple as they make it sound or should I avoid going anywhere near the can bus gateway? I do have a Vagcom and could potentially code it but I've NEVER, EVER done anything like that before so I'd be a bit apprehensive. I've contacted my local VW dealer and they didn't even know what the Can Bus gateway was!!

I've since reinstalled RCD500 to avoid battery drain but I would still like to complete upgrade if I could.

Advertisement