Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cried today for my little nephew. He didn't though!!

Options
  • 25-04-2016 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭

Well I just need to let off a bit of steam and sadness here. A bit self indulgent, but what the heck.

My little nephew 9, has CP and ASD (mild to middling if you get me). Goes to mainstream with SNA.

So after many ops on his little leg, the last one didn't work and he had to come down the stairs on his bum today. I was so upset. But obviously did not let him see that! He found it funny.

I know there are parents out there dealing with much worse, but I just felt a bit sad for the little fella. He uses a wheelchair now, and probably will going forward.

Sorry, had a bad day. But it's OK to feel like this isn't it, now and then? Life is not always about DEALING with it.

His parents are ace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A bit different but my two years ago we were told my little girl would have to have open heart surgery. I left the hospital that day sobbing my heart out for her, she held my hand and told me not to cry because she was going to be ok and that she would be brave. Well, that just made me cry more.

Kids are so resilient. They really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,968 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

January wrote: »
    A bit different but my two years ago we were told my little girl would have to have open heart surgery. I left the hospital that day sobbing my heart out for her, she held my hand and told me not to cry because she was going to be ok and that she would be brave. Well, that just made me cry more.

Kids are so resilient. They really are.

What a lovely post, hope your little girl is doing well now.

As you said, kids are resilient. They just get on with it.

Nephew had taken off his splint so was not able to put foot to the ground.

When the splint is on he is grand.

I just got a bit upset thinking of his future, but he will be fine. Great lad. Like your daughter.

Advertisement