Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best File Converter

• 25-04-2016 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

I need to convert a .AVi file to something a mobile can play (Mp4 preferably) all the online converters dont allow anything over GB. anyone recommend anything free and safe to download that will do the job?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Handbrake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

What "mobile" are you talking about?
    I have an iphone 4S, with the VLC app on it, and it will play anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

jordanfaf wrote: »
    I need to convert a .AVi file to something a mobile can play (Mp4 preferably) all the online converters dont allow anything over GB. anyone recommend anything free and safe to download that will do the job?

WinFF

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nickkohl

Just came across this theread: I recenlty used converter.app and in fact it also allows to convert videos larger than 1 GB, though its a online converter 🙂

I also tired the AVI to MP4 converter and the conversion went through fast and smoothly, so probably its a good choice for converting avi videos for mobile devices...

Post edited by nickkohl on

Advertisement