Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions/thoughts on this property

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

The two things that jump out at me are the D2 BER Rating..not great, and the narrowness of the kitchen, not sure there's room to turn a wheelchair in there?

Most of the photographs are taken from funny angles, hard to tell how wheelchair friendly the layout is.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

athtrasna wrote: »
    The two things that jump out at me are the D2 BER Rating..not great, and the narrowness of the kitchen, not sure there's room to turn a wheelchair in there?

Most of the photographs are taken from funny angles, hard to tell how wheelchair friendly the layout is.

We're going to go down to look at it at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

I would agree with previous poster on kitchen doors etc., only way to judge if wheelchair Friendly is to check it out.

Price wise seems very expensive for 2 bed in that location - probably why it's on sale since January 2015 with little movement in price.

I would agree with previous poster on kitchen doors etc., only way to judge if wheelchair Friendly is to check it out.

Price wise seems very expensive for 2 bed in that location - probably why it's on sale since January 2015 with little movement in price.

Rang this morning- it's sale agreed.

Found another one in Clonsilla for €115k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

Found another one in Clonsilla for €115k

First viewing was last sat. Can't tell much from photos. It says in need of complete refurbishment.
    It's not the best location either.

Where do you want to live? Meath ( your last property interest ) and clonsila are very far apart. Where is family/friends/support for you and your partner?

First viewing was last sat. Can't tell much from photos. It says in need of complete refurbishment.
    It's not the best location either.

Where do you want to live? Meath ( your last property interest ) and clonsila are very far apart. Where is family/friends/support for you and your partner?

There's another viewing at the end of next week.

We're looking at anything on the outskirts of Dublin(north or west). Our budget is 100 - 200k, and must be a bungalow.

We both have family in Dublin. I also have a brother living in Kildare.

There's currently an offer in for this property of 155k.

Should we opt out or go look anyhow just to get an idea of it?

Anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Anyone?

Only you can answer these questions. I think you probably need more guidance generally.

Go and see as many properties as possible. Set a maximum on each property based on what it's worth to you and what properties have gone for in the area.

You're going to get loads of disappointment, that's just the brakes I'm afraid.

If you're renovating, have you worked through how that will work with a mortgage etc.

Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Anyone?

Go have a look but don't get too attached it's 40k over budget already and as you said will need serious work

lollsangel wrote: »
    Go have a look but don't get too attached it's 40k over budget already and as you said will need serious work

Had a look today. It's an absolute kip! Not worth 155k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Seems hugely overpriced to me.

Parchment wrote: »
    Seems hugely overpriced to me.

It's priced at 115k but the current offer is 155k. House needs an AWFUL lot of work.

It's totally unsuitable for wheelchair users. House has a side entrance, a double door entrance(we both had to ask one of the other prospective buyers to help us in & out of the house.). The passageway up to the side door was extremely narrow too - barely enough room to get our wheelchairs through.

The bathroom is tiny - the bedroom is also quite small - the hallway is quite narrow. There was a massive hole in the ceiling of one of the rooms, which was caused by dry rot.

All in all, a thoroughly horrible kip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's priced at 115k but the current offer is 155k. House needs an AWFUL lot of work.

It's totally unsuitable for wheelchair users. House has a side entrance, a double door entrance(we both had to ask one of the other prospective buyers to help us in & out of the house.). The passageway up to the side door was extremely narrow too - barely enough room to get our wheelchairs through.

The bathroom is tiny - the bedroom is also quite small - the hallway is quite narrow. There was a massive hole in the ceiling of one of the rooms, which was caused by dry rot.

All in all, a thoroughly horrible kip!!

To be fair I was surprised there was a house for 115k or 155k in Clonsilla, normally way higher. So not surprised it is in such bad condition if priced at that.

Just out of interest is it Clonsilla proper or more Hartstown/Huntstown/other area??

Huntstown

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

The only way of assessing houses for sale is go and look at as many as possible inside and just out of your price range. It's really only when you've seen 20 or so that you get to realise just what you want, what your deal-breakers are (and they may be different to each of you), and what's a good compromise - how much can you afford on adaptations/renovations.

See as many as you can, in short. Don't go by pictures or estate agents spiels.

Found another one in Swords. Beautiful looking place

Found another one in Swords. Beautiful looking place

North Dublin is the promised land. :pac:

Can't post the link, but it's on Kettles Lane and looks absolutely fantastic. Low maintenance too, which would be ideal for us.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Can't post the link, but it's on Kettles Lane and looks absolutely fantastic. Low maintenance too, which would be ideal for us.

Did you check the BER rating?

Also it's very very small, about 650 sq feet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

That's it

While it looks nice inside, it's right beside the old N1 which is a busy and fast road even if the speed limit is officially 60.

Secondly, when the new runway is built that house will be basically at the end of the runway.

maximum12 wrote: »
    While it looks nice inside, it's right beside the old N1 which is a busy and fast road even if the speed limit is officially 60.

Secondly, when the new runway is built that house will be basically at the end of the runway.

Really? ****

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/5-cherrywood-avenue-dublin-22-dublin/3616538

How about this one? According to EA, current offer is 215k

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/5-cherrywood-avenue-dublin-22-dublin/3616538

I'd be worried about the e1 rating to be honest

lollsangel wrote: »
    I'd be worried about the e1 rating to be honest

Is that poor? Bear in mind, the house is 30 years old

Overpriced for the area. Walk in condition properties usually attract a ridiculous premium. The trick is to get structurally sound while internally tatty IMHO.

• Advertisement

We haven't got the money to do it up, that's why we're looking for a ready-made house.

We will, however, be applying for grants to get any necessary modifications done to it.

Advertisement