Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Transfer to Bank of Ireland

Options
  • 26-04-2016 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I am looking to transfer some money from Australia to Ireland. My Australian bank said the following:

The fee to request a transfer to an international account via Internet Banking is $20. In addition, there may be further costs incurred by the intermediary bank and/or overseas bank in the handling of the request. This fee will be debited from the amount sent.

My question is what does Bank Of Ireland charge me for receiving funds into my current account at BOI from an International bank?

Thanks,

JWest

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

JWest wrote: »
    Hi,

I am looking to transfer some money from Australia to Ireland. My Australian bank said the following:

The fee to request a transfer to an international account via Internet Banking is $20. In addition, there may be further costs incurred by the intermediary bank and/or overseas bank in the handling of the request. This fee will be debited from the amount sent.

My question is what does Bank Of Ireland charge me for receiving funds into my current account at BOI from an International bank?

Thanks,

JWest
    Hi JWest, 

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

When you receive a payment into your account from outside of the EU in a foreign currency, there is a charge of €5 for an amount over €65. There is no charge for an amount under €65. You can find our International Fees and Charges brochure here

If we can help with anything else please let us know.

Cheers, 
    Sarah

Advertisement