Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Complex Manager Problems

Options
  • 26-04-2016 9:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭

Im renting an apartment in a block of 24, moved in before Christmas 15.
    It's a private apartment so lucky enough our landlords are decent as they have done so much for us since we there.
    The problem I have is with the complex manager, his role from what I see is if issues arise with noise or electric problems you let him know.
    But recently he won't take action on certain issues, always making excuses that he too busy etc.
    And also If he does be around he very rude and ignorant to tenants. I also have heard of racist remarks he said and spouting off things he shouldn't be.

Last week I had an incident with my car there, window got smashed in and personal items taken on me, it was said to the manager and he happened to be coming too that day when I spotted my car, as a plumber was coming too to fix issues in some apartments and I also called the Guards to report it as I need to have that for the insurance claim.
    Clearly the manager wasn't impressed to have a guard on the premises.

So this is another issue I have, one side of building there is CCTV where I parked there is none. 2 years he talking about cameras going in that side, he even lied to the Guard saying he was in process of putting up cameras soon.
    The Guard wanted to see footage of the rest of the place in case it turned up something, the manager was showing him the footage and actually said he had better things to do than this as he was bringing his child to the dentist.

That evening I was talking to neighbours who live below me and they had heard about my car as it happened them a few years ago, one of them told me the manager said to them that day the time your car got broken in to was nothing major as the car was worthless anyway!! I was enraged when I heard that.

That night I texted him saying my car was getting sorted and would be without one for a couple of days as glass had to be ordered in, I also mentioned that I hope cameras are installed on that side after my incident with car but low and behold he never responded.

Also aswell the complex has security gates but the last few weeks they haven't been shutting properly, a good few of the tenants have said it to the manager but nothing is getting done about it. So this is inviting unwanted visitors in.

Apologies for long post, can action be taken against him?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

He is likely a staff member of some description of the management company (or possibly the management agent), possibly "paid" in the form of free accomodation if living on site - it isn't that common here but does happen. Your landlord is a shareholder of the management company. They would be your point of contact here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

From what I see one company looks after the renting of the units and this person I speak of is working for a another company who manage them.

He doesn't live on site and looks after 7 more apartments blocks.
    I also can't get my landlord involved as he knows him well on a social scale, they go out to dinner etc.
    It's a strange set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Your contract is with your landlord, so that is your avenue of complaint.

Other than that, there is not a whole lot you can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You should not even be dealing with the complex manager: as a tenant you deal with your LL, and s/he deals with other parties as required.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

You should not even be dealing with the complex manager: as a tenant you deal with your LL, and s/he deals with other parties as required.

This is what we are doing, but unfortunately everything has to go through him.
    We had 2 leak issues in apartment and one day earlier this year, manager text me asking was I around to let him in to see the issues, I was working and I said no hope I'll be there so I was given zero notice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement