Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Down Draught Extractor Fan

• 26-04-2016 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi has anyone experience of a down draught extractor? We've a new build with vaulted ceiling in kitchen and hob goin in island. I've called into my local electrical retailer and they've little knowledge and none on display. Any advice would be gratefully received. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Fflk wrote: »
    Hi has anyone experience of a down draught extractor? We've a new build with vaulted ceiling in kitchen and hob goin in island. I've called into my local electrical retailer and they've little knowledge and none on display. Any advice would be gratefully received. TIA

Harvey Norman in Swords have one on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

IMhO, you cannot defy the science and therefore this idea is straight out of some yummy mummy, I never either cook or clean, magazine.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45 thebeeb

Fflk wrote: »

From experience you have to size your extractor specific to your room size. If the room is big and you get the wrong size (i.e. power wattage) extractor, it wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭yogi37

Curious to see if you went ahead with the down draft extractor in the end and if so are you happy with the results. We are due to start renovating the kitchen shortly and will be installing the hob on the island. We are very much leaning towards going with the down draft extractor fan which will be ducted out. Any advice?

Advertisement