Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The R458

• 26-04-2016 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me. Im trying to find the correct name for the R458 that passes from clareabbey roundabout upto applegreen/st.flannans

According to google they have it listed as the Limerick rd, yet the Ennis COCO refer to the same road as the Clare rd, most advertisements on daft are referred to Clare Rd. geohive.ie do not have any name bar the R458. There is also a stone at the corner across from applegreen referring to it as the Clare rd.

Is R458 Clare Rd the correct title for this rd?

Included pic for ref.

uBkoPm9

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,471 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Jhcx wrote: »
    Hi guys just wondering if anyone could help me. Im trying to find the correct name for the R458 that passes from clareabbey roundabout upto applegreen/st.flannans

According to google they have it listed as the Limerick rd, yet the Ennis COCO refer to the same road as the Clare rd, most advertisements on daft are referred to Clare Rd. geohive.ie do not have any name bar the R458. There is also a stone at the corner across from applegreen referring to it as the Clare rd.

Is R458 Clare Rd the correct title for this rd?

Included pic for ref.

uBkoPm9

I always thought the Clare road was the part after the traffic lights between Flannans and the Cathedral, and the Limerick road was after Flannans towards the Clarecastle roundabout

But that's just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

so did i but from clarecastle to the roundabout its the Clare Rd, and from after Applegreen onto the mill rd its the Clare Rd, wouldn't make much sense to just have a section differently

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It's the Clare Road, there isn't any Limerick Road in Ennis :D

I think when they built the by-pass they had to change a part of the road for the roundabout which means it's technically a new road between the Halfway and Clarecastle, there might have been an issue between Ennis Urban Council and Clare County Council at the time over it but that might be just a rumour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

My uncle lives between the Maxol roundabout and the Hawthorns roundabout and his address is The Clare Road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Clare Rd it is so lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

Just for further confirmation, I went to school in Flannan's with lots of lads from the area and it was always the Clare Road for the locals. Only people who didn't know any better called it the Limerick Road :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Maybe it depends on which direction you are going :D

Advertisement