Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny products.

Options
  • 26-04-2016 10:49am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to put together a hamper of products from small local producers that are made here in Kilkenny. I know of Knockdrinna cheese but I don't know where to get it, equally Highbank apple juice. What else could I put in the hamper? I have to get everything between today and tomorrow and I will travel to the places to get it. It doesn't have to be food either, I was thinking of throwing a bit of Nicholas Mosse in there also. Thanks

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Is there still that beer from Tullaroan around? Also but prob not suitable for a hamper but..- theres the icecream from ballyfoyle?(its in eurospar i think?)+ ballyfoyle ham?..also moth to a flame candles maybe?...castlecomer craft yard in discovery?...also found this in cuffesgrange..https://highbankorchards.com/visit/
    Theres probably local honey to be found somewhere too like a fruit and veg shop or the veg place on comer road...hth

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

Callan ham? Goatsbridge Trout? Apple products from Highbank orchards?

Costello's beer. Not made in Kilkenny any more than Kilkenny or Smithwicks is but nobody knows that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

The farmers market on Thursday on the parade will have a lot of local produce.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

Eurospar and SuperValu stock most local produce

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

Milleven Fine Foods If you have a sweet tooth. Lovely cakes !!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Moth to a flame candle?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭kkhornet

Sky King wrote: »
    Callan ham? Goatsbridge Trout? Apple products from Highbank orchards?

Costello's beer. Not made in Kilkenny any more than Kilkenny or Smithwicks is but nobody knows that.

Made in Waterford for the time being I think. Gonna be setting up in Kilkenny soon though as far as I'm aware

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I bought a selection of Joan & Bob's juicy jams (Thomastown), three Mileveen honeys (Piltown), Mooncoin Beetroot relish, smoked trout from Goatsbridge, there was no Knockdrinna cheese anywhere (including Stoneyford) but I did get some Lavistown cheddar, Highbank apple syrup and I got some paté which I think was also Goatsbridge. Moth to flame was gone out when I went down and by the time I'd bought all the other stuff, I was too broke to head back down to Bennetsbridge for that or Nicholas Mosse.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement