Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man City v Real Madrid CL SF 1st Leg, tuesday 26th @ 7.45pm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    This ref also sent Nani off (wrongly) a few years back at OT and strangely that was also against Real Madrid.

He flew home with an extra suitcase that night for sure!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

This ref also sent Nani off (wrongly) a few years back at OT and strangely that was also against Real Madrid.

He kicked someone in the head. The clearest red since red john mcRed was shown red for shooting a supporter during a goal celebration.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

He kicked someone in the head. The clearest red since red john mcRed was shown red for shooting a supporter during a goal celebration.

Right

While in reality Nani's foot didn't go above Arbeloas chest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So he hates Manchester? Loves Madrid?
    I don't get the hatred it's been a blugh first half so don't see his influence

DubDani wrote: »
    As I neutral I have to say that this is a pretty poor game for a CL Semi Final. You see more quality in the Championship. :o

Forward play has been poor but with the way that stays are it's better than I would've expected. Plenty of penalty box tackles, almost-chances, nice beats and the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Good half.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

City the better side in that half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

No he didn't. At all. He was controlling a ball over his shoulder and had absolutely no idea that anybody was near him. He got him in the torso, not the head. And it was a bad decision to send him off.

Years later and you really don't need hyperbole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Ah lads,

Piss off with the United chatter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

astradave wrote: »
    Navas is useless!
    I thought it was just me, he IS fair useless alright !

ERG89 wrote: »
    So he hates Manchester? Loves Madrid?
    I don't get the hatred it's been a blugh first half so don't see his influence

He's just a terrible referee, he's lining up to do something drastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Good first half without a single real clear chance, City pressed Real well in the middle of the park then the Madrid got into their stride with Bale's pace proving a card magnet. Modric aspires to be the Spanish Allen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Good first half without a single real clear chance, City pressed Real well in the middle of the park then the Madrid got into their stride with Bale's pace proving a card magnet. Modric aspires to be the Spanish Allen.

Didn't think anybody (defenders aside) played well, except for Kroos. Modric's passing has been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Dull fare so far and as a United fan I know dull

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Intriguing tactical battle in the first half.

Actually it's been pretty shíte.

Can't see either team winning the competition but then again Leicester are on the verge of winning the premiership so who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

One of the worst sf in years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

City take the half but no clear chances.A bore draw wouldnt be the worst result but City could easy get a goal or two.
    Why are they firing the ball up to Aguero hes not winning the headers?

City take the half but no clear chances.A bore draw wouldnt be the worst result but City could easy get a goal or two.
    Why are they firing the ball up to Aguero hes not winning the headers?

A scoreless draw would be a disaster for City. They need a goal if they've any chance of qualifying imo. WTN would be a great result.

• Advertisement

A scoreless draw would be a disaster for City. They need a goal if they've any chance of qualifying imo. WTN would be a great result.

Why,they score away and Real need two.Clearly not an ideal situation but could be worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The good thing for City is if they can keep Madrid goalless then an away goal next week means they have to score twice which opens the space for Aguero and De Bruyne

Don't rate Jese at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i think a scoreless draw will suit city tbh

The good thing for City is if they can keep Madrid goalless then an away goal next week means they have to score twice which opens the space for Aguero and De Bruyne

My point exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rezident

Shameful dive by Bale, yet again. He's so talented he really does not need to do that.

Why,they score away and Real need two.Clearly not an ideal situation but could be worse.

Of course it could be worse. But that doesn't make a 0-0 good.

City playing against Madrid without Ronaldo. Should be hoping they get a WTN.

Real need two? Sure they needed 3 against Wolfsburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,178 ✭✭✭✭josip

Kroos is worse than Milner at corners

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Free header there for ramos, should have scored

I'm stuck in work so can't watch the game. Does Ihenanacho(SP?) or Benzema look like scoring?

• Advertisement

I'm stuck in work so can't watch the game. Does Ihenanacho(SP?) or Benzema look like scoring?

Benzema has been subbed for jese

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Benzema off a ht, nobody looks like scoring tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I don't watch Spanish football do they usually fall around the place like a shower of aul ones

Benzema has been subbed for jese
    Benzema off a ht, nobody looks like scoring tbh.

So I'm guess he's not going to score than :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Is Sterling on the bench?

I don't watch Spanish football do they usually fall around the place like a shower of aul ones

Ramos is the worst for it for such a 'hard' man

Ref is pathetic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Why was the camera trying to look under Zidanes coat? Wire?

He has the PEDs under there. All the top teams are at it these days according to the boards experts.

Looked like it. A wire to control the ref perhaps:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Typical Ronaldo, invisible in the big games as always.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

He ripped the arse in his pants in the wolfsburg game, so little happening here maybe they are checking to see if he has again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Can't seem to avoid Dave McIntyre on commentary these days. Always on Newstalk on Sundays and on TV3 too as well. Any time there's a hint of chance he screams into the mic. It's like they found some random, angry caller from a football phone-in show who equates voice volume with levels of interest, got him to fill in for a while and haven't bothered replacing him.

Can't seem to avoid Dave McIntyre on commentary these days. Always on Newstalk on Sundays and on TV3 too as well. Any time there's a hint of chance he screams into the mic. It's like they found some random, angry caller from a football phone-in show who equates voice volume with levels of interest, got him to fill in for a while and haven't bothered replacing him.

I'm just grateful it's not Trevor Welch.

Lads im just after realising that this game is pretty poor.

Gone stale, ref is a turkey, weak.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

It's a dreadful CL semi final in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ronaldo makes up for a lot of short comings in this Real side.

Theyve been really poor tonight and City have been much better for me, theyve a huge chance to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Someone should tell the fans there's a CL semi final on. Awful quiet for a big game or are they waiting to be told what to do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tv3 showing the fa cup final outta nowhere this year is a bit random

klose wrote: »
    Tv3 showing the fa cup final outta nowhere this year is a bit random

Did they not do the same last year?

• Advertisement
Advertisement