Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 6s+ Video battery

• 26-04-2016 11:44am
    Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going on a ~6 hour flight this week and want to watch some movies / tv to pass the time. Rather than have to carry a tablet with me I was going to use my phone instead.

Apple say you can get up to 14 hours video playback on your 6s+, I am assuming this is with data etc turned off (which is fine, I'll be on a plane).

Has anyone tried this though and what sort of battery did you see? I searched online and there are wildly conflicting reports.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I can't imagine any portable device having a 14 hours video playback. Not even a Macbook will do that.

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I know that 14 is unlikely, I am wondering what people have found to be reality?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It would depend on the video. Resolution, frame rate, volume, etc.

Anytime I go on a flight I bring an Anker battery pack with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ozmo

awec wrote: »
    Apple say you can get up to 14 hours video playback on your 6s+

Turn the brightness to very low or mininum - that helps me a lot for day to day use.
    Also - bring a phone adapter - some flights have power point between the seats or a usb plug point for charging - at very least you can top-up at the airport before takeoff.

“Roll it back”

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

For anyone curious, a two and a half hour full HD movie took about 20% of my 6s+ battery with normal brightness and the phone in flight mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

awec wrote: »
    For anyone curious, a two and a half hour full HD movie took about 20% of my 6s+ battery with normal brightness and the phone in flight mode.

Oh very good. That means if you were to use your phone exclusively for video playback at that battery consumption rate, you'd get 12.5 hours out of it. Pretty close to Apple's claim of 14 hours.

Advertisement