Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused! Landlord gone into receivership, Property Management Company taking over..

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

ID certainly- however you have absolutely no right to any of the other information. ID should be requested definitely.

And confirmed by looking up the landline telephone number of the company via a different source, and calling it to check that the persons work there and has made official contact with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Seriously - another one just looking for issues. :rolleyes: What's most annoying is you're educated/experianced enough to offer a good piece of advice we've all forgotten which is for the OP to get sight of the deed of appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

OP, my advice is to move if you can. You will not be able to recover your deposit in all likelihood. Same thing happened to me and my OH a few years ago. Maintenance etc wasn't happening and rodents became a problem which highly motivated us to leave. We had managed to negotiate a rent reduction with the receivers so maybe that's a short term silver lining. However, I would be planning to leave if you can.

Advertisement