Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PostMobile

Options
  • 26-04-2016 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭

I'm currently on Three in a rural location with practically no coverage. People who come to the house on Vodaphone have good coverage.

My phone usage is really tiny, so I use Pay As You Go, with very irregular top-ups. I see Vodaphone expect Monthly-ups which doesn't suit.

PostMobile are listed as the only virtual operator that use the Vodaphone network. Anyone with any experience of them? Do they allow irregular top-up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can keep a Vodafone SIM active up to 6 months without top up, you only need monthly top up to activate data plans, you can keep making calls / sending texts once you have sufficient credit. You can also use data but it's e1.99 per day up to 100MB so that would use up credit quickly. Calls are expensive outside plans but there's no necessity to top up monthly to keep using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭KOR101

Thanks for that. It appears you can even continue to receive calls for 8 months.

The way they show their plans is confusing. Every plan I can see is listed as 'monthly'

Advertisement