Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV Installed in Drumcondra

Options
  • 26-04-2016 2:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭

As I was driving up Milmount Avenue this morning I noticed there was a TON of temporary CCTV cameras installed looking up Milmount Ave, down walsh & ferguson road, and onto homefarm road at mobhi road.

I know there was a car dumped last night on Walsh Road.

Is this all connected?

Is it normal thing to have done?

Is is something else entirely, and if so why are they there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Hanley wrote: »
    As I was driving up Milmount Avenue this morning I noticed there was a TON of temporary CCTV cameras installed looking up Milmount Ave, down walsh & ferguson road, and onto homefarm road at mobhi road.

I know there was a car dumped last night on Walsh Road.

Is this all connected?

Is it normal thing to have done?

Is is something else entirely, and if so why are they there?

I think it's all connected. There was a shooting at the Sunset House in Ballybough and then they dumped a burnt out car on Walsh Rd (getaway car, I guess?) The bottom of Walsh Rd near the park is still blocked off.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 adcom

Hey,

This is to do with a traffic management survey and is to do with taking measures to stop people short cutting up and down Walsh and Ferguson roads. likely that there will be bollards put up to stop people being able to cut through.

It would be welcome- many a time i have waited to cross the road there because of the sheer numbers of cars tearing up and down. also i think they are recording the number of people making illegal right hand truns onto these roads coming from Glasnevin.

Nothing to do with the car being dumped- cameras were up before that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

adcom wrote: »
    Hey,

This is to do with a traffic management survey and is to do with taking measures to stop people short cutting up and down Walsh and Ferguson roads. likely that there will be bollards put up to stop people being able to cut through.

It would be welcome- many a time i have waited to cross the road there because of the sheer numbers of cars tearing up and down. also i think they are recording the number of people making illegal right hand truns onto these roads coming from Glasnevin.

Nothing to do with the car being dumped- cameras were up before that.

Very good! I was curious because I first saw the cameras about 16 hours after the car being dumped post shooting and didnt think it was possible to install them that quickly.

Agreed on bad cutting thru the roads are - lived on ferguson road up until 3 years ago and the school traffic + short cuts made getting out of the area onto drumcondra road a NIGHTMARE.

Any idea where the proposed bollards are going?

Advertisement