Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

walther ppq .22

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

hexosan wrote: »
    About €1,800 new. Harbour guns are selling one for a member at the moment
    Sweet Jesus. I've seen a few for sale and not one has been over the €1,200 mark.
    hermes2011 wrote: »
    ,.... haven't seen a second hand one on offer for ages
    A mate showed me an advert in Feb or March edition of ISD. It was a gun shop in Cork or Kerry (somewhere down south) and they had a S&W 41 for sale for €550.

Another mate bought his from the North. Paid £550 for it.

I know they are dear compared to most other pistols and even in the states they are classed as dear, but nearly 2 grand. Not a hope i'd pay it. I'd sooner go for a second hand Feinwerkbau.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Cass wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus. I've seen a few for sale and not one has been over the €1,200 mark.

A mate showed me an advert in Feb or March edition of ISD. It was a gun shop in Cork or Kerry (somewhere down south) and they had a S&W 41 for sale for €550.

Another mate bought his from the North. Paid £550 for it.

I know they are dear compared to most other pistols and even in the states they are classed as dear, but nearly 2 grand. Not a hope i'd pay it. I'd sooner go for a second hand Feinwerkbau.

Not disputing the second hand price but that's what I was quoted when I went nosing around for a price on a new one. I've seen a few second hand on egun for around the €500 mark.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Same as that. Not arguing with anyone, but nearly 2K for one. I've seen them and lads i know have bought them for the prices i said above. the price of €1,800 is nearly twice anything i've seen or heard.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Wadi14

hermes2011 wrote: »
    found the ruger a bit off a job to take a part and put back together s&w 41great pistol my fav would be a browning medalist gold line but you cant get them any more buckmark is great for the money. hammerli great but mags and that are very dear

€25 for a X-esse mag I wouldn't call that very dear ? Def not a good reason not to buy a very good pistol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I'm now leaning between the s&w 41 and the hammerli xesse. I prefer the style of the 41, but if the price is that much higher, I would go with the xesse. I want to buy new, but won't be doing anything for a while yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Brasros

It doesn't take long to get used to taking the ruger apart, after a couple of times it very quick and easy.

goz83 wrote:
    I'm now leaning between the s&w 41 and the hammerli xesse. I prefer the style of the 41, but if the price is that much higher, I would go with the xesse. I want to buy new, but won't be doing anything for a while yet.

goz83 wrote:
    Yeah, that's a bit more than I would like to spend on one alright, considering I would want an extra couple of mags too. I want to get something new and around the 1k mark when I am ready to buy.

Ruger mklll go for around that, the 22/45 a little cheaper.

Brasros wrote: »
    Ruger mklll go for around that, the 22/45 a little cheaper.

I really dislike the ruger pistols. I prefer something with edges and some chunkiness. My favourite pistol visually is 1911. I know they suck as target pistols, so I want something with a good balance of both. I would probably get both if it weren't for the PITA system we have with licenses here.

The difference in styling is night and day.

1911grip2small.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Just came across a YouTube review of the ruger sr22. Looks like a good pice of kit and very favourable review.

Luckysasha wrote: »
    Just came across a YouTube review of the ruger sr22. Looks like a good pice of kit and very favourable review.

That's a bit more like it. Not bad.

3822d1360180742-ruger-sr22-pistol-review-sr22-left.jpg

• Advertisement

I will order two so !!!!!!!!!!!!

Luckysasha wrote:

3.5" barrel will be a problem, unsure if they have long barrels, I don't think they will be out shooting the other pistols mentioned, I agree with sparks, shoot other people pistols till your sure.

Well, I only have 2 hands. What are you going to shoot? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

goz83 wrote: »
    I really dislike the ruger pistols. I prefer something with edges and some chunkiness. My favourite pistol visually is 1911. I know they suck as target pistols, so I want something with a good balance of both. I would probably get both if it weren't for the PITA system we have with licenses here.

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think this isn't an ugly looking Ruger.

ssC.jpg

3.5" barrel will be a problem, unsure if they have long barrels, I don't think they will be out shooting the other pistols mentioned, I agree with sparks, shoot other people pistols till your sure.

Just looking at rugers website the SR-22 model 3620 comes with a 4 1/2" barrel. Is there a max barrel length allowed under licensing laws

Luckysasha wrote:
    Just looking at rugers website the SR-22 model 3620 comes with a 4 1/2" barrel. Is there a max barrel length allowed under licensing laws

I may be wrong but I think it's minimum of 5" barrel.

Cheers. What about sourcing a couple of 5 round mags. Ruger don't have them listed on their site. Can you modify the standard 10 round that comes with the gun

I may be wrong but I think it's minimum of 5" barrel.

S.I. 391 of 2015 cleared up the confusion regarding barrel length. It pretty much says that any .22lr pistol with a mag capacity of no more than 5 rounds is pretty much good to go (non legal description there).

Cheers. What about sourcing a couple of 5 round mags. Ruger don't have them listed on their site. Can you modify the standard 10 round that comes with the gun

Usually you need a letter from a gun dealer to prove that the mags have been altered to only take five rounds but yes, it's no problem modifying magazines to only accept 5 rounds.

That's a lot handier than trying to source 5 round mags then. At least some of our licensing laws make some degree of sense.
    Just out of curiosity if I where to approach a RFD about buying this gun are they likely to try and talk me out of it and try and push what they want to sell you. As in brands they are familiar with distributors they like to deal with etc etc.

• Advertisement

Luckysasha wrote:
    That's a lot handier than trying to source 5 round mags then. At least some of our licensing laws make some degree of sense. Just out of curiosity if I where to approach a RFD about buying this gun are they likely to try and talk me out of it and try and push what they want to sell you. As in brands they are familiar with distributors they like to deal with etc etc.

I think the hard part is to get RFD to agree to import a single pistol from the states, it could cost up to and above 300 dollars with licence's and transport costs, but if you were willing to pay for it I can't see a reason.

That's a lot handier than trying to source 5 round mags then. At least some of our licensing laws make some degree of sense.
    Just out of curiosity if I where to approach a RFD about buying this gun are they likely to try and talk me out of it and try and push what they want to sell you. As in brands they are familiar with distributors they like to deal with etc etc.

I find dealers will always recommend stuff that they want to shift but if you know what you want, then stick to your guns (pardon the pun).

Don't pick a gun according to a pic on the internet. Get a feel for the gun, try it out etc. I must have tried 20 different models before I bought my pistol. I think I was a member of the range for three months before I picked a pistol.

That pistol looks very very small in this pic.

ssZ.jpg

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I think this isn't an ugly looking Ruger.

ssC.jpg

Not bad, though it kind of reminds me of a space gun I had when I was small.
    BattleCorp wrote: »
    That pistol looks very very small in this pic.

ssZ.jpg

Wow, that is small.

Maybe something like this

Large%20Pistol%201.JPG

couldn't resist :D

Large%20Pistol%201.JPG
    [/QUOTE]

Are you ....... ahem ..... overcompensating for something? :D

Has courtlough much of a selection of pistols goz ?

Has courtlough much of a selection of pistols goz ?

I only seen the walther and the hammerli. I noticed a beretta box there too. They had maybe a dozen or more pistols boxed. I hadn't got more than a couple of minutes before I had to leave, but I will check em out on Monday when I visit again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

1911grip2small.jpg

Was going to go for a GSG/Sig Sauer 1911.22,but decided to go for a Ruger mk2 @250 euros in the end.
    Simply because of;

1]Reliability..The GSG/Sig 1911s while they have come along alot are still abit funincky on ammo and stripping issues.[Who wants to use an allen key to take a 1911 design apart?] And the Ruger is a proven design that goes BANG! 99% of the time.

2] Cost to get one in here from the EU is now pishing on the wrong side of 500 euros plus shipping. The new RugersMk4 are absolutely STUPID money both here and abroad.Somthing like 1500 euros here!

4]Tuningand accessory bits..A whole industry for the Ruger pistols,and still not much for the GSG/SIG,even though its touted to be able to accept 90% of the full size 1911 parts.
    So if you wanted a good compromise of a 1911 and a Ruger,they say the Ruger mk45 is the way to go,although I personally find it an ugly gun and wasnt too impressed with its handling myself.Feels way to light and the sights look tinny.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

I only seen the walther and the hammerli. I noticed a beretta box there too. They had maybe a dozen or more pistols boxed. I hadn't got more than a couple of minutes before I had to leave, but I will check em out on Monday when I visit again.

Goz, try Harbour House on a Saturday. There are usually two gun dealers there, Harbour Guns and Gunshop.ie. They'd have a decent selection of pistols plus most lads in the club would have no problem showing you their pistols.

• Advertisement

Very hard to find any dealers listing pistols for sale on their websites. Plenty of shotguns , rifles and air rifles. It's like a secret society!!!!!!!

Advertisement