Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunmore East Slipway

• 26-04-2016 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Questions regarding Waterford area sailing

I went out on the dinghy at dunmore east, brilliant fun! And it turns out on not as bad as I thought I was (used to sail about 15 years ago as a child)! Sailed around the bay area and then on to the council beach and back (I know where the rocks are to avoid). Just looked at beach bye laws from WCCC online and turns out that landing on the beach breaches one of them. Is that correct?

Question : does the slipway there always reach the water?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Hifive

I've been landing on Councillors strand for years in sailing dinghys and no one has ever given out to me. Don't get within 200 meters of it in a power boat though, the lifeguards will have a fit! I once dropped someone into the beach off my cruiser in a dinghy with a 4 hp motor and the lifeguard threatened to call the cops! I think he was having a bad day!
    The slipway at the strand is not suitable for launching really, too steep, too short, no parking and it's often packed with bodies in the summer, but the new one over by the sailing club is brilliant. And that one doesn't dry out at low tide.

Advertisement