Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guidance counselor kilkenny

Options
  • 26-04-2016 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

I am just looking for your help,i am looking to meet a guidance counselor in kilkenny to discuss a change of career and maybe do an apitude test and to give me some advice that will help me in the future and possibly help me with doing up my cv.Would any one have any experience with a guidance counselor or somebody that you would recommend? I am in my mid 20s,thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Hi

Might be some help , though they more specifically deal with education - e.g. what courses to select etc.

I have worked with some of them in the past, and ... some are very useful I think.. others not so much

Co. Kilkenny Adult Guidance Service
    9,Ormonde Road, Kilkenny
    +353 56 7764448

And also at
    CDCD Network,Castlecomer (Tuesdays)
    Phone 056 7764448 Fax 056 7764487
    Castlecomer Ph. 056 4441966
    Email: kilkennyadultguidance@eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sanex

Hi

Might be some help , though they more specifically deal with education - e.g. what courses to select etc.

I have worked with some of them in the past, and ... some are very useful I think.. others not so much

Co. Kilkenny Adult Guidance Service
    9,Ormonde Road, Kilkenny
    +353 56 7764448

And also at
    CDCD Network,Castlecomer (Tuesdays)
    Phone 056 7764448 Fax 056 7764487
    Castlecomer Ph. 056 4441966

Thanks for the reply.what i am really looking for is to see is there anyway i can improve myself or gain new skills which will help me to get a better future career for myself or some one that might set me in the right direction and help me with me preparing my cv. as i am after seen a job that i would like to apply for

Did you ever use this service in kilkenny and have you to ring and make an appointment before you call in?

Just its seems very difficult to get a chance these days unless you have exsperience or a third level degree

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cats pyjamas

Mary Larkin helped me a few years ago. Found her very good to deal with. She's based in Birr but think she travels a bit as well (may be able to meet in KK).

www.positivecoachingandtraining.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭sanex

Mary Larkin helped me a few years ago. Found her very good to deal with. She's based in Birr but think she travels a bit as well (may be able to meet in KK).

thanks for that.had you the same difficultys as me a few years back and did you improve where your future job prospects went?it is just i am approaching an age now that i need to make a change as i am in a dead end job that i am really starting to get fed up with and if i dont do somthing soon i fear it will be too late and i will regret it in the future even though you would still be nervous making a change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭granturismo

sanex wrote: »
    I am just looking for your help,i am looking to meet a guidance counselor in kilkenny to discuss a change of career and maybe do an apitude test and to give me some advice that will help me in the future and possibly help me with doing up my cv.Would any one have any experience with a guidance counselor or somebody that you would recommend? I am in my mid 20s,thanks

I'm not in Kilkenny but I was in the same boat a few years ago. I rang a samll recruitment agency, asked them for advice on what you posted but not the aptitude test, I was prepared to pay a small fee. They gave me about 30 minutes free and put my name on their books.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭cats pyjamas

I was made redundant from one job in 2005 and lost another (no redundancy) in 2009. 2008 onwards was a horrible time for thousands of workers in Ireland. I decided to get out of the area of work that I had been in for many years and met Mary at this time.

She helped to identify my weak/strong points and areas of interest. She also gave me the confidence to go in a different direction despite the risk and having a young family.

It was hard work but now I have a career that I love

Advertisement