Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moto G upgrade = No keyboard !?!?

Options
  • 26-04-2016 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Upgraded/updated android system on my Moto G phone last night. All went well until a few hours ago I found I had no 'keyboard' in any App including ordinary 'Text'. Unfortunately or fortunately I did not need to use a keyboard all day today. I have tried the usual 'turn it off - on' routine (as in complete shutdown) - no joy. Anybody any ideas or similar experience??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A factory reset would probably do it but will wipe out all your data. 

• Registered Users Posts: 3 weejimmeh

Thanks ED E, am keeping that one as the ULTIMATE fall back option. Just depends on how many text msgs I can't reply to :-))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Get someone to email you a direct link to a keyboard in the google play store. Click the link and install a new keyboard ðŸ˜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭eir: Ciara

Hi weejimmeh,

Thank you for getting in touch and I am sorry to hear you have no keyboard since updating your handset.

I am afraid you will need to bring the handset into your nearest Eir store and have the guys look into this for you.

I am sorry I could not offer you some better news today.

-Ciara

Advertisement