Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Angie Tribeca [TBS]

• 26-04-2016 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    TBS has given a 10-episode order to Angie Tribeca, a new comedy series starring Rashida Jones (Parks and Recreation) and co-created by Steve Carrell.In the satirical look at police procedurals, Jones stars as Angie Tribeca, a 10-year veteran of the LAPD’s Really Heinous Crimes Unit (RHCU) who is not thrilled when her boss (Justified‘s Jere Burns) tells her she has to work with a partner (guest star Hayes MacArthur, Go On). The pilot features appearances by Alfred Molina (Monday Mornings), Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback), Gary Cole (The Good Wife), Nancy Carell (The Office) and Matthew Glave (Growing Up Fisher). - Source TV Line

This is starting on E4 this Thursday

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Well worth watching, the first couple of episodes are hilarious and pretty good all the way through.

Just my kind of idiotic humour but If you don't like the first episode don't bother, it's the same thing for the whole series.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭letsseehere14

Is this like the British series Touch of Cloth?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Is this like the British series Touch of Cloth?

I have to say, from the trailers it doesn't look nearly as good. Feels like they're forcing it too much.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,554 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Its more dumb comedy in the police squad style I'd say. That seems weird to type as PS was gold but hope you get what I mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Edward Hopper

Its more dumb comedy in the police squad style I'd say. That seems weird to type as PS was gold but hope you get what I mean.

Yeah definitely that style, though not on the same level as the police squad series. The naked gun films didn't come close to matching the series either though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

watched it tonight. Fecking hilarious!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It was alright. You could clearly see its trying to be an updated version of Police Squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Just watched the pilot. Great product placement ..! There are some subtle elements too, such as in the last scene: watch what happens when the other cop says "Tribeca, the lieutenant wants to see you".
    Tribeca and her partner turn around, the camera angle changes, and they both turn round *again*.
    :p

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,046 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Nice surprise cameo on the Tribeca's Day Off episode. I presume the continuity errors are deliberate e.g. why go to the trouble of giving a golf course a fake name ("Hidden Valley") on the entrance, then leave the real name on the golf carts? The resort even advertises itself as a LA filming location. :cool:

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,981 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

All of Season 4 airing this weekend on TBS
    Well that came out of the blue! Good to see it's finally back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,382 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First half aired last night. Will watch the whole thing during the week.
    Don't know what's more surprising about this series: the fact it's still going or the lack of advertising.

Advertisement