Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

laundrette businesd

Options
  • 26-04-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

hi I am looking for information about opening up a laundrette I want to know exactly what equipment needed and then roughly the cost to set up from scratch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Indoor or outdoor?

I kid you not - spotted this at the weekend:

384439.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dm87

I seen one of them before do you think there expensive to set up

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

Indoor or outdoor?

384439.jpg
    There are two in Galway. Must be on a sub-let basis or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,571 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Indoor or outdoor?

attachment.php?attachmentid=384439&stc=1&d=1461766962

See two of them in Cavan town. Seem busy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Naas too

Always someone sitting in their car watching their washing go around and around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    Naas too

Always someone sitting in their car watching their washing go around and around.

2 in Carlow also. Great idea for duvets, team gear etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭kirving

Drying 18kg for 2 euro is great value!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,098 ✭✭✭✭beertons

dm87 wrote: »
    hi I am looking for information about opening up a laundrette I want to know exactly what equipment needed and then roughly the cost to set up from scratch

Don't do it. A friend of mine had 3, all closed up now. They were all over the place at one stage, now they seem to be the first to close on a street. Had to compete now with the vending machine ones. I very much doubt those machines would have a rates bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

In relation to the 24/7 units , they are a company that places there machine on ur forecourt or wherever suitable.
    details can be got by contacting company listed...search around on machine....its there.
    Like other posters , appear to be busy, however laundry can be a low margin business. care needed.
    in relation to loads closing down......look and check why.
    I know quiet a few and all are successful , infact expansion is on the cards.The ones closed are generally in poor location, unintrested owners, not dymanic , etc whee as the ones growing are poles opposite.
    In relation to cost , ring suppliers of machinery, loads of new technology today unlike 15 years ago.
    AND dont forget drycleaning otherwise a busy fool.
    What ur budget, location picked?every worked in one?, spoke to owners?
    let us know to advise better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

The auto ones are operated by Photo Me international. Same as coin change machines, passport photo machines etc.

As for launderette - very difficult business from what i see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 dm87

no I never worked in one but was thinking of opening one with another person I would out source the dry cleaning budget wise 30k

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

dm87 wrote: »
    no I never worked in one but was thinking of opening one with another person I would out source the dry cleaning budget wise 30k

Why do you want to open one? What pointed you in that direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭joejobrien

Is that 30k from your side only or total.
    Laundry is a lower margin business .... you could be giving away your higher end trade
    Where were you planning this shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Most of the launderettes here have a cafe/bar attached. People will put on their clothes and have a coffee and sandwich during the day or a few beers in the evening. I would guess the launderette part just pays for itself and the beverages/food are where the profit is.

Advertisement