Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should the age of consent be reduced to 16?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

My ex girlfriend was a secondary school teacher in all boys school in the mid to late 00's. She told me she left working at the school because the 17-18yo boys in 5th/6th year would every September hit on the first year students as young as 12 in the toilets and when they or her complained to the principal he did nothing about it.

Dirty sick b@stards. Christian ethos school btw.

Just because someone is under 18 doesn't mean they aren't a sexual predator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,707 ✭✭✭flutered

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    I think you should need written parental permission between, say, 14 and 18. Then once legally an adult, it's their decision.
    hey mam, i am going to the disco tomorrow night, is it ok if i get a shag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

Yeah but there letters I'd love to see :D

Dear Dad
    You know that boy I have been seeing........

To whom it may concern,

I hereby give permission for any person between the age of 14 and 18 permission to have sexual intercourse with my 16 year old daughter ESFORUMENA at random.

I do so because she being a minor, is not considered old enough to make this decision herself so I, an adult and her parent, have deemed it acceptable on her behalf

Signed,
    Parent of the year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭RDM_83 again

My ex girlfriend was a secondary school teacher in all boys school in the mid to late 00's. She told me she left working at the school because the 17-18yo boys in 5th/6th year would every September hit on the first year students as young as 12 in the toilets and when they or her complained to the principal he did nothing about it.

Add your reply here.

So your saying that a Christian ethos school didn't have a problem with 17/18 year old lads coming onto 12 year old boys????
    To be honest that sounds like horse ****!

Add your reply here.

So your saying that a Christian ethos school didn't have a problem with 17/18 year old lads coming onto 12 year old boys????

Add your reply here.

Add your reply here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭George Michael

heard you the first time there rdm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

someone give RDM 83 a tap, hes clearly skipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Add your reply here.

Oh I'm sure they do have a problem with it but out of sight is out of mind. Image is a lot more important. Up until fairly recently these schools, Catholic church (COI too) and the state didn't have a problem with Christian Brothers or priests coming on to 12 year old boys.

Holy Ireland
    Homosexuality = Wrong
    Promiscuity/Sex before marriage = Wrong
    Divorce = Wrong
    Abortion = Wrong
    Paedophilia = COVERED UP
    Image of church/school = Protected at any cost

esforum wrote: »
    someone give RDM 83 a tap, hes clearly skipping
    Add your reply here.

I have to say the new boards site is really working out fantastically for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Add your reply here.

I have to say the new boards site is really working out fantastically for me!

Can you not delete the 'add your reply here' line???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭armaghlad

16 or 17 it isn't much of a difference. Like already mentioned improve the education.

When I was taught sex ed I got the doziest biology teacher describe it to us. Nothing about stis or contraception. Just the mechanics and the gruesome image of him shagging his wife :/

Advertisement