Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban.

Options
  • 26-04-2016 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭

I've just received a ban for ignoring a warning apparently.

However I had posted the offending message (the one which secured me the ban) before the warning was sent. How can this be fair? I wasn't to know a warning was coming.

Also I have asked the mod to explain what a warning I reviewed last week was for. I did this politely. I received no reply. I'm just curious if the norm is not to reply to a polite query requesting clarification of a warning?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please allow some time for the mod to respond. If you cannot reach a resolution, then come back here & a CMod will look into your appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Please allow some time for the mod to respond. If you cannot reach a resolution, then come back here & a CMod will look into your appeal

I have done so with each warning and ban I received. To date I have not received a single reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Fair enough. I'll let the CMods know & they'll look into it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Fair enough. I'll let the CMods know & they'll look into it for you.

Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I will look into this.

Can you please forward me any relevant PM's to this ban.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Update: OP has deleted PM exchange. Awaiting copy from Mod.

Now have the background from the Mod involved & have read through a lot of the thread. It is a very busy and seems to be difficult for the Mods to keep it within the rules of the charter. There have been a few Mod Warnings posted in the thread.

18/04/16
    bbability wrote: »
    today the thread went a bit sideways. This is the Liveline thread and not Ray Darcy Thread. One member banned for 4 days over comments maðe about Joe Duffy. Discuss the topics without abusing anyone please

19/04/16
    bbability wrote: »
    I would agree with you. I like this thread I just have to make sure it stays between the hedges if you catch my drift. Calling Joe a **** (which another member did) is certainly not acceptable. Nor is asking who was banned or where to appeal( which other members did also). That all comes with the warning sent via email.

These two In-thread Warnings were posted prior to the ban.

Two warnings were also issued prior to the Ban. The first on 19/04/16 for Ignoring a Mod Instruction, but the description may have been more suitable as Backseat Moderation. Once again the limitations of the pull down menu is a problem. Asking about who has received a ban and why is not acceptable in a thread. This post was deleted.

The next warning was on the 20/04/16 where the post had to be edited to remove a term to describe the host of the show in a manner which breached the charter. This was flagged as Personal Abuse but could also have fallen under the Breach of Forum Charter.

On the 26/04/16 another Warning was issued for a comment which was seen as being Uncivil and the post deleted. While not extremely offensive it was off topic.

Then a few posts later there was another post (deleted) which repeated the term which earned a Warning on the 20/04/16. That resulted in a ban as there had been a warning issued already for the same comment in that very thread. Issuing the ban is in line with the normal operation of that forum and the charter. The length of the ban applied is the only matter which I may have questioned but it has now expired. Unfortunately the delay due to obtaining the relevant background means that looking into that aspect is now pointless. If I were to do so it would entail finding out from the Mod Team their reasons for that length of ban.

I do see that you are a very active poster in that forum and generally contribute in a positive manner. I also appreciate that you have been patient and polite throughout this appeal. It is only the occasional post which has caused the problem and so I urge you to re-read the charter and consider what you have written before hitting the reply button, especially when you have a current warning.

If you do not get a response from one Mod you can contact the other Mods or one of the CMods if that fails.

Ban Upheld.

I think that this can be marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement