Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial advisor Sydney

Options
  • 26-04-2016 11:57pm

Howdy.

I have a very clear plan for my time in Australia and it involves saving lots of money over the next 7 years.

My plan is to leave Australia, after this time period, and I want to use that money for retiring and buying a home in Europe.

Can anybody recommend a financial advisor, in Sydney, who may have experience in planning how it's best to remove money from Australia with the minimum amount of financial punishment ?

I don't want to save heavy for 7 years to find out I should have been following certain procedures to minimise losses. I am thinking, possibly naively, that an English or Irish advisor may have more knowledge in this area.

I have been getting lots of what I'd call anecdotal advice and it's mighty confusing and contradictory.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

This website has a tool for finding advisers (http://fpa.com.au/). You'll want someone who is CFP qualified and independent. Steer clear of the big banks who will only be interested in selling you rubbish. Although sometimes the fees might sound a lot, if they're a good planner they'll save you a lot more than they charge. Your main risk will be exchange rate risk but there are ways of hedging that.

This website has a tool for finding advisers (http://fpa.com.au/). You'll want someone who is CFP qualified and independent. Steer clear of the big banks who will only be interested in selling you rubbish. Although sometimes the fees might sound a lot, if they're a good planner they'll save you a lot more than they charge. Your main risk will be exchange rate risk but there are ways of hedging that.

Thanks for that. It's a good starting point for me.

ps - I would love to have worked with you in your prime. I think we could have achieved great things.

Advertisement