Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which hospital in dublin

Options
  • 27-04-2016 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

So I haven't lived in dublin too long and have found out I have to have a small surgery, but my insurance being useless, doesn't cover me for my nearest hospital. What I need to know is which of the following hospitals are ok and which I should avoid. (I will upgrading my cover once this is over). My options are: Combe, Matter University, Rotonda, St. James' and St Vincents.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Coombe and Rotunda are Maternity Hospitals... in case you didn't know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If its a gynae issue definitely the Coombe. But as said above they are maternity and gynaecology hospitals only so if it's another issue then it'd depend on the issue then either of the three others are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ondalash

Not a gynae issue. But good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I don't think there are any 'bad' hospitals in Dublin, this is the first world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Aside from 2 being maternity hospitals, the others would really be on the same level. I prefer St James but that's just because I'm much more familiar with it than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

I would base the decision more on the consultant than the hospital. Good things that I would look for are things like working in both public and private, actively participating in research and professional bodies, etc.
    If it's the mater private or Vincents they will be JCI accredited which is a mark of good quality.
    Also consider where you will be going for follow up care should it be needed

Advertisement