Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All that advice to get off the couch and go and live life.. Can you plan one week?

• 27-04-2016 10:44am

I always see these motivational things and then think, well what the hell would I be at anyways if I decided to get out after work and do stuff that didn't really involve alcohol.. I've no interest in doing this but just wondering what people come up with.

I can't string much together at all.. Writing the first things I think of here.
    Take up rock climbing and do that say Monday and Saturday morning.
    Go out for dinner on Tuesday.
    Start going to the gym on Wednesdays.
    A few beers with friends on Thursday.
    Cinema or iceskating or the likes on Friday.
    Fishing on Saturday afternoon.
    Coffee and spa Sunday morning (Cheap as chips where I am).
    Lunch and maybe some painting lesson or the likes on Sunday afternoon.
    Home for a movie Sunday night.

Sounds like a serious amount of effort and pretty expensive. Does anyone else actually try to do this? What'd be your plan?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Masterbate more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

If I was doing all that stuff I'd just be looking forward to getting home and sitting on the couch afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Masterbate more.

He was a real cnut of a maths teacher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,647 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I volunteer at music festivals so that does get me out of the house for a week or so, I've worked Life, Body & Soul and Electric Picnic festivals but it does involve alcohol and copious amounts of spliffs when I finished my shifts of course. You get to meet loads of like minded people and see a whole bunch of music plus you get to see the whole festival come together.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You can plan your week?

Do ye not just do what I do? Roam from town to town getting into adventures and helping people solve their problems through my canine intuition?

Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna settle down but until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You can plan your week?

Do ye not just do what I do? Roam from town to town getting into adventures and helping people solve their problems through my canine intuition?

Maybe tomorrow I'll wanna settle down but until tomorrow I'll just keep moving on.

If you planned things out a bit better you could be hanging out at the well when the kid fell down it, and get all the kudos for fetching help.

Lassie really cornered the market there. Made you look a fool, to be honest Hobo.

Advertisement