Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finally Venturing Into A Build

Options
  • 27-04-2016 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

After months of deliberation I've decided it's time to get a gaming pc built and catch up on some games I've missed out on. Also occasionally the pc may be used for photo/video editing but a lower priority at the moment.

1. What is your budget? €850-1100

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? No

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] 1920*1080 27"

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.] - Yep

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes

8. How can you pay? Any means

9. When are you purchasing? Over the coming month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

I'm actually going to steal this build from Terror over in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057590136

R9 390 €310
    i5 6500 €200
    H170 board €70
    8gb DDR4 €50
    1tb HDD €50
    120gb SSD €50
    500w PSU €50
    Case €50
    Total €830

If you really want overclocking, change the CPU to a 6600K and grab a Z170 motherboard. Will bring the total closer to 900 or more.
    Purchase from Mindfactory, Amazon, Overclockers.co.uk, computeruniverse.
    If you decide on Mindfactory or computer universe, remember to purchase the case from amazon to avoid additional parcel charges.

If you really want to, also look into a 16gb kit of RAM. It'll be one less thing to think about should you get more into video editing.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Excellent, and I know the gaming didn't elaborate on what I wanted to play. This setup should run everything on high/ultra?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Pretty much yeah, should do for the next year or two

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

You could even bump up the SSD size to 240GB like the Samsung 850 EVO. Would be useful for you when editing videos, as the read and write speeds would be fast, plus you can store more than the 128GB one.

In terms of keyboard and mice, they are really down to the individual. You can take a look over at Corsair, Steelseries, Logitech, Razer and Cooler Master for some ideas and then just pick up what you fancy

Advertisement