Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A new low

Options
  • 27-04-2016 10:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Stumbled across this article today.

Lord god, this is an all time low, what the hell is wrong with people, this is seriously fooked up, im speechless really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Even as a kid, I never understood vandalism but this is sick sh1t.
    Some people just have a screw loose. Most of the time societal values of their peers keep them in check but sometimes they find others similarly unhinged and this sort of crap happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

That's proper psychopath behaviour. :( Jesus christ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭NiallBoo

I can't understand this...I really can't.

I think it would be wrong though to assume that it's being done by children/teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭benjamin d

Sounds like urban legend type scaremongering to me. I'm sure he's just echoing some story he was told. Why wouldn't he name the playground? Why aren't there pictures considering everyone over the age of 8 in the country has a camera in their pocket 24/7? These stories float around all the time but I've never seen actual proof of someone deliberately trying to hurt kids. Broken glass and burnt out bins? Absolutely, common vandalism. But razor blades in the slides - I'm very sceptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

benjamin d wrote: »
    Sounds like urban legend type scaremongering to me. I'm sure he's just echoing some story he was told. Why wouldn't he name the playground? Why aren't there pictures considering everyone over the age of 8 in the country has a camera in their pocket 24/7? These stories float around all the time but I've never seen actual proof of someone deliberately trying to hurt kids. Broken glass and burnt out bins? Absolutely, common vandalism. But razor blades in the slides - I'm very sceptical.

How do you melt a razor blades into slides anyway. All slides I've ever come across are metal (including the hand rails).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

While refusing to name the playgrounds where the incident took place,
    what a load of bull

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Yeah, when i was a kid there was rumours of razor blades stuck on the slides in Rainbow Rapids. "Teenagers" were using chewing gum to stick them on:pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Date of article a bit suspicious no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

PauloMN wrote: »
    Date of article a bit suspicious no?

well yes, I did notice the date. but it would be a very sick/strange April fools article really - its not remotely funny etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

well yes, I did notice the date. but it would be a very sick/strange April fools article really - its not remotely funny etc.

It is also not remotely true and has been told around campfires with minor alterations since the dawn of children's slides.

I can't understand how anybody can pay any attention to an article that list no identifying information what so ever.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

benjamin d wrote: »

Exactly. Back in my day it was the water slides that supposedly had razor blades melted on them.

Besides, Galway is a small place. If there had been a slide in a playground that was tampered with this way, it would be all around the place in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I wouldn't be quite so quick to dismiss this. There were a number of cases in Berlin last year were razorblades were found hidden in sandpits on playgrounds, and you'll get nut jobs everywhere, unfortunately.

Having said that, I think it would be fairly easy to see if there was anything melted onto a slide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Lady is a tramp

There are some sick people out there. Apparently drawing pins were put into changing mats to injure babies getting their nappies changed.

I know the article is the Daily Mail, but still ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3504324/Police-investigation-launched-TWO-babies-injured-drawing-pins-hidden-nappy-changing-mat-village-hall.html

Advertisement