Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ni-Oh (PS4)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is it possible to get help with the bosses in this, like in demons souls? I've played and completed all the souls games but am not interested in trying to kill a boss 30 times so usually just summon in help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is it possible to get help with the bosses in this, like in demons souls? I've played and completed all the souls games but am not interested in trying to kill a boss 30 times so usually just summon in help.
    You can summon help from the shrines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

weiland79 wrote: »
    Evade wrote: »
    You can summon help from the shrines.

What he said. Bonus for the summoned being you get gear, money and amrita (?) from co-op as opposed to Soul's "Here's your faction item now gtfo".

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Anyone pick this up yet? Thought Argos might have had a better price.

Argos - €56.99
    Smyths - €64.99
    Gamestop - €74.99 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Played the tutorial mission and the start of the first mission this morning.
    The learning curve ain't as steep as the alpha & betas luckily. I'm now more adept at dodging and blocking and feel far more confident.
    Really looking forward to diving into it later this evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Seems to be in extremely limited quantities at Argos. Perhaps the system will be updated but some stores have only 1 or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

the game is £42 off amazon, I pre ordered to use up the £10 off amazon gave after Christmas once you spent £50 (obliviously added few things to bring over £50)

Should be here by Friday, and a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It was £38 on Amazon with Prime, should have it in my PM tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Anyone pick this up yet? Thought Argos might have had a better price.

Argos - €56.99
    Smyths - €64.99
    Gamestop - €74.99 :rolleyes:

Yeah Argos yoyo prices, it will probably be less in a week or two, they also havent got it in stock anywhere according to the website, or just havent updated the site.

Are tesco selling it?

Cheapest ive seen is Amazon for €52.36, but id rather get it in argos to miss out on the week wait for it.. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'll probably pick it up in a few months. Still a fair bit of Yakuza 0 to get through that will lead me nicely onto Mass Effect : Andromeda.
    Might get to play it by August. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

nix wrote: »
    Yeah Argos yoyo prices, it will probably be less in a week or two, they also havent got it in stock anywhere according to the website, or just havent updated the site.

Stock was there early this morning but some stores had 2, most had 1. Hopefully a restock happens soon enough as there are only a few copies across all stores now.

bugs wrote: »
    Stock was there early this morning but some stores had 2, most had 1. Hopefully a restock happens soon enough as there are only a few copies across all stores now.

Yeah pretty slim pickings. Just happened to check my local Argos there and it had one back in stock. Will pick it up in the morning. :)

I ended up trading in arkham knight and the evil within, they were just collecting dust and neither good enough for a replay. I got it in smyths for €47 with the trade in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I ended up trading in arkham knight and the evil within, they were just collecting dust and neither good enough for a replay. I got it in smyths for €47 with the trade in :D

Would have being €35 with CeX and Argos

RasTa wrote: »
    Would have being €35 with CeX and Argos

Cex don't have Nioh yet and when they do they will charge 65-70 and argos don't do trade ins :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Cex don't have Nioh yet and when they do they will charge 65-70 and argos don't do trade ins :)

That's the trading in for cash with CeX and buying the game in Argos

RasTa wrote: »
    That's the trading in for cash with CeX and buying the game in Argos

I didnt think of that on this occasion, but Argos wont have it for awhile, next week at the earliest i predict :pac:

Id normally buy a game when it gets cheaper, but this is one of the games i was actually very eager to play, so didnt wanna wait..

Big fan of the soulsborne series :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Only played through the ship boss, but liking it so far. Feels a little more forgiving than the original demo - only took two tries to kill that first proper boss, which is well quite a change from the immense frustration in the demo. Action mode is a great idea that more games of this sort on console should embrace.

Do think the game has a bit of a loot problem. Just feels like you're given an endless stream of stuff to the point where it loses value and leads to some slightly irritating micromanaging (the inventory size at least is generous). Of course it has improved since the original alpha, thanks to the absolutely right choice to remove weapon degradation. But its embrace of a more Diablo-esque loot model isn't quite as satisfying as some of its genre-mates where weapons in particular feel like a rarer treat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Only played through the ship boss, but liking it so far. Feels a little more forgiving than the original demo - only took two tries to kill that first proper boss, which is well quite a change from the immense frustration in the demo. Action mode is a great idea that more games of this sort on console should embrace.

Do think the game has a bit of a loot problem. Just feels like you're given an endless stream of stuff to the point where it loses value and leads to some slightly irritating micromanaging (the inventory size at least is generous). Of course it has improved since the original alpha, thanks to the absolutely right choice to remove weapon degradation. But its embrace of a more Diablo-esque loot model isn't quite as satisfying as some of its genre-mates where weapons in particular feel like a rarer treat.

Yeah the loot is a problem. There's multiple variations of the same items in the first area alone. It's going to be even more of an issue if the game expects you to constantly switch armour and weapons to keep up with the difficulty curve.

The combat is where the game really shines. All of the reviews mentioned Dark Souls specifically but for me it's far closer to Bloodborne in terms of speed and taking positional advantage. The ki/stamina bar is much more exacting though and so I'm looking forward to earning the various perks that take the edge of it somewhat.

Yeah i just keep on top of making offerings with my items/weapons, but i can see it being an issue later on, they should implement an one button option to do it all on items you havent "locked" perhaps?

I still havent found the first boss yet, got to a burning wood shack area, had a tough go at some fat demons, the dial wielding acrobatic one gave me a hard time. Is there a certain area ive to hit the big demons to stun them? or any mobs for that matter or do i just need to mince them as fast as possible after dodging their attacks? Does it have to be a hard attack or can quick ones stun them to? is it about getting them when their stamina bar is lowest so they get exhausted?

Sorry i never played the demo :P

Oh and what weapons did everybody go with?

I went full SAMURAI and chose the katana and then the spear for the reach, loving the katana, didnt use the spear much as it didnt seem to have the long reach i was hoping it to have, ill give it another try later. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm a fair bit through the second proper mission. Lots of ledges and have died more to falling than to enemies!
    My main weapon is the dual katanas. Look like a real badass when running with them out! My secondary is the Kusarigama which are great for the yokai strangely.
    My main gripe is that there are so many systems at play. I've not got my head around them all but that should ease with time.
    I'm dissembling any weapon I don't need for now but I don't yet know what to do with the parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

£37.50 on boomerang with a few points, didn't use PM as the last few things I ordered were posted free to ROI but that's closed to new customers.

Got my copy from Argos this morning so looking forward to getting stuck in tonight. Only played the Last Trial demo and really liked.

Watched a decent YT video and the chap mentioned that you can sell unwanted weapons/armour to the blacksmith for gold. You can also increase the level of either by forging a high level item with it (as in you have a lower level item with stats you don't want to lose) and also re-roll item stats. Sounds like there's quite a bit of depth to the game and not just in the number of items it throws at you. :cool:

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Got my copy from Argos this morning

What argos did you find it in?

I checked what seemed like every store on their site and all out of stock :confused:

What argos did you find it in?

I checked what seemed like every store on their site and all out of stock :confused:

Arklow, 1 copy came back into stock about 5:30pm yesterday. Yeah bugger all stock about it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Argos had similar issues with RE:7 as well, just got my copy there, refreshing to have just a 88mb patch to download.

Xenji wrote: »
    ...refreshing to have just a 88mb patch to download.

I thought the same - day one patch that's under a gig - nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well checked the Argos stock this morning and most stores only had about 2 or 3 copies, and all were gone by about 2pm (except that 1 lone copy in Portlaoise).

Ah well, had some spare credit on PSN so worked out about the same I would have paid for physical.

I have a spare Argos reservation for Liffey Valley if anyone needs it, just fire me a PM. Would need to be collected before 9pm on the 10th.

Played a couple of hours of it tonight and finding it great fun so far. The combat is fantastic, tough but fair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Id love too give this a go but i suck at the souls games :o

Advertisement