Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Private Message Email

Options
  • 27-04-2016 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Not too sure if this is the correct area to highlight this but here goes. Last night I received an email directly to my personal email address, purporting to be from boards.ie to advise me I had New Private Message from Constantbuzz, on logging in to Boards PM's nothing appeared in my inbox, I didn't click on the link. I am assuming this is not legit & Not too sure if anyone else has experienced similar. Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hiya, I've removed the image as it contains a spam website link.

That was down to a spammer trying to send PMs out to people in order to get them to visit their site.

We will have banned the spammer and deleted the PMs that they sent, so people didn't receive them.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi - exactly as Gordon said. We received a notification about spam messages being sent via PM. When I banned the user, I also deleted the PMs he had sent. So they had been deleted by the time you checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭amber2

Perfect, thank you for the reply.

Advertisement