Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Uk Sim

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

whiterebel wrote: »
    I bought one on Amazon UK, but you can't top it up. Works fine abroad.

Managed to top my 3 UK sim up online using a Revolut card. Just set the address in the Revolut app to a UK one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

or you could use this website
    http://www.mobiletopup.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭billbond4

Its only possible for three uk to know your tethering on some versions of Android.
    Whatever or not they block your tethering im not sure.

On my tethering phone (running Jellybean) I had no problem tethering in France last week.
    Three UK do hammer streaming when abroad so i didnt do any, but I was able to surf and backup photos which is what I wanted it for.

You need to get a Normal package sim, as those sims wont work outside the UK. i.e you need something like this
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5499843.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

MBSnr wrote: »
    No link. I had heard that they warned at 30 days and disabled at 60 days if not in home network in between. I used it Oct last year and then must have put SIM in the phone again after 60 days had passed for some reason. Could occur with you if you haven't used it in the UK since the US visit. Can't say really.

You can check on your Three online account. Mine says roaming is disabled internationally. I rang their customer service when I was last in the UK but could not get it enabled again. They told me it'll enable again in Oct. Seems the penalty for extended use outside of the UK is 12 months limited to UK only.

Just an update on this. Managed to use their live chat whilst in the UK to re-enable my roaming after a year of being restricted to the UK only. I've given the UK number to people, so suits me to keep the same one. Now I can use it abroad once if needed as long as I don't turn it on outside the UK again without connecting to the UK network in between.

• Advertisement
Advertisement