Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wild atlantic run - wesport -date change

Options
  • 27-04-2016 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Just got an email about a change of date for this race from may 28th to October 8th. Their facebook post states it was clashing with another event in Westport. No further details though about it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭conavitzky

caff wrote: »
    Just got an email about a change of date for this race from may 28th to October 8th. Their facebook post states it was clashing with another event in Westport. No further details though about it.
    No time for these blood sucking races. Give me AC events every day of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

I could be wrong but I know of no other similar event on that day. Could it be that entries weren't as high as anticipated. They had earlier announced that they were changing the route.

In other news, the River Moy Half marathon on May 14 is eagerly anticipated. Entries are brisk for this friendly, inexpensive event which is organised by runners, and carers well for runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

snailsong wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I know of no other similar event on that day. Could it be that entries weren't as high as anticipated. They had earlier announced that they were changing the route.

In other news, the River Moy Half marathon on May 14 is eagerly anticipated. Entries are brisk for this friendly, inexpensive event which is organised by runners, and carers well for runners.

You have a lot to live up to with your 2 seconds to spare pacing last year :D:D

martyboy48 wrote: »
    You have a lot to live up to with your 2 seconds to spare pacing last year :D:D

Did I mention quality pacers too.In fairness we were aiming for 1:44:30 but slowed down in the last 2 k to drag the last few over the line.

I paced the West of Ireland mini marathon last year for 50 minutes. Crossed the line in 49:59 with the last remaining pacee 2 seconds behind.:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

what time you pacing this year Snailsong..

• Advertisement

woody1 wrote: »
    what time you e pacing this year Snailsong..

Probably 1:45 again. I must talk to the Minister for Pacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

snailsong wrote: »
    Probably 1:45 again. I must talk to the Minister for Pacing.

i would hope to be in front of you but dont have much distance done yet so we may cross paths at some stage

woody1 wrote: »
    i would hope to be in front of you but dont have much distance done yet so we may cross paths at some stage

Could yet be pacing 1:40. Depends how many pacers we have and what the organisers require but last year it was every 15 minutes.

Please say hello if you see me. I think we've been in a few races together but never introduced.

Advertisement