Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PAYG meter

Options
  • 27-04-2016 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hi. I recently separated from my wife, and moved into a 2 bedroom apartment in Ramelton. I wanted a PAYG meter installed as Electric Ireland were wanting a 300 euro security deposit off me. they told me if i registered for DD that would offset the security deposit. the trouble is that i dont have anything in my bank to cover a DD, so i'm reluctant to do that. the next option was to install a smart meter. The technician came to my flat, took one look at my fuse box, and said he couldn't install the meter as my wiring was unsuitable. he told me to get in touch with the PAYG team and they would arrange for a debt meter to be fitted. so i rang them and to my horror, they refused to install a debt meter for me on the grounds that "there was a chance that the meter cabinet could be locked". this is keeping me awake at night now, because i CAN'T afford to pay the bill!!! i am getting text messages from Electric Ireland demanding payment.... PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi bud1970,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

Did you telephone the PAYG team on the following number: 1850 372 372?

We can look into this for you also, if you send any of us reps a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating you are the account-holder, and confirming your full name, address and telephone number. We will then assist you ASAP.

Just for some general information: if a customer sets up direct debit and they do not think they will have the funds to meet the bill when it is due, we can set up a direct debit payment plan for them once they give us sufficient notice to advise the bank. And pre-payments can also be made onto an Electric Ireland account via methods included on this list on our website.

Regards
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭bud1970

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi bud1970,

Thanks for your message.

We have received your private message. It has been entered into our queue and will be looked into as soon as we can.

Should you have any questions in the meantime, please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

Advertisement