Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting new 7 digit code for SEPA payee

Options
  • 27-04-2016 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I set up a payee (SEPA) to transfer money over a year ago, however never activated it with the 7 digit code, and need to do so now.  How can I request a new code to get this done?  Do I need to deactivate and register the account again?  Traditionally I've been sent this for others by post.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi guys,

I set up a payee (SEPA) to transfer money over a year ago, however never activated it with the 7 digit code, and need to do so now.  How can I request a new code to get this done?  Do I need to deactivate and register the account again?  Traditionally I've been sent this for others by post.

Thanks.
    Hi blapabrew22, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

To have a seven digit code for this payee issued again, please go to activate the payee. Then where you are asked to enter the activation code, please enter an incorrect code such as 1234567, three times in total. 
    This will mean that the system will automatically issue you a new code by the method you chose when you first set up the payee, either by post or text. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement