Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Blade openly disclosed that I had reported a fellow members post on same thread.

Options
  • 27-04-2016 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I reported a members post yesterday where he basically told me to get the **** out but as GTFO even though I hadn't used any language or referred to said poster.

Last night the thread Moderator Blade posted on the same thread where I had reported the post that I should stop trolling and stop complaining for something that I deserved.

I think this is a total abuse of mod power and I thought reporting posts was supposed to be confidential.

Behaviour like this could deter someone from reporting abusive posts which could then lead to an increase in cyber bullying.

Regards.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Have you a link to the post in question?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Admin note
    Moved from DRP as you are not disputing a card/ban.
    Please provide a link to this so we can loop in the relevant CMOD team to review.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Taltos wrote: »
    Admin note
    Moved from DRP as you are not disputing a card/ban.
    Please provide a link to this so we can loop in the relevant CMOD team to review.

Thanks

Hi this is the link to the page of the thread. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057559694/19

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Right; I've had a look at it so let's break it down.

1) You throw a hissy fit over the bargain in question being another hdd and quote:
    Time to unfollow this thread.
    2) Other posters call you out on the fact your post added no value
    3) You come back in to argue even more about it and take swipes at people after you claimed to have unfollowed it
    4) You report post(s) because the fact you took a swipe at people and they responded it was not ok in your book
    5) Mod called you out on thread to stop trolling and complaining to mods when you get a backlash from it; Blade did NOT how ever say how you complained about it as it could have been done by PM, posted message on his profile or indeed reporting post(s)
    6) You argue with a mod decision on thread and out the fact you reported post(s)
    7) At this point you have not even received a card (I'd had give you a few by now personally)
    8) You come here complaining about it

So not only have you trolled the thread, you took swipes at people and argued with a mod on thread and accused them of something they did not do as you were the only one outing the fact you had reported post(s). Congratulations; you have earned yourself a forum ban for your hard work and I'll be recommending to the local mod team to increase it going forward if you show up on their radar again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

So everyone interpreted Blade saying I was complaining as I had searched for the thread Mod and PM'd them?
    Oh yes that sounds completely believable. Believable in as far as it's one Mod covering another Mods ass.
    Am I shocked? Good god no, as if one boards.ie Mod is ever going to reprimand another one without first going out of their way to turn the situation back on the complainant.
    I received a good amount of thanks for my comment and a PM supporting me and advising me to go further as he interpreted blades comments in the obvious and intelligible manor that Blade had publicly disclosed my reporting of a post so I'm guessing Mods abusing their miniscule amount of power is rampant across boards.ie as a whole.
    Did I deserved a card, of course, did I deserve a ban, not in this lifetime, and what you've actually done by banning me is strengthening my original fear that people will become less and less inclined to report anything to a Mod because it falls on deaf ears and there's a worry that the mod will publicly out them like Blade did to me and now on top of that they will refrain from reporting abusive mods as they can see from my case that it will be turned back on them and they will be banned. Resulting in, less reporting, more bullying and more abuse.
    Thank you for looking into this and for your complete (but predictable) ineptitude in resolving this.
    Have a nice day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If there are no further additions to this thread, I'll close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement