Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGF1_E01 eFibre "available within 6 weeks" for more than 6 weeks now

Options
  • 27-04-2016 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there, 

The Glengarriff exchange on eir.ie has been listed as having eFibre available in 6 weeks.  However, its now been more than 6 weeks since that was advertised on the eir site.  Do you have an expected date for when we can expect it?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

Hi there, Unfortunately the dates we provide online are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.You can view the most up to date information on the eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified. - Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chiefofstaff

Thanks Stacey.  Its annoying that the sites (both Eir) have different information -- 
    Fibre rollout  lists GGF1 as 'Fibre Build commenced - completion work is in progress' and eir.ie lists it as available in 6 weeks when clearly isn't correct.  At least the fibre rollout site is more accurate, or non committal. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

I understand. I can appreciate how frustrating this must be. I will be sure to relay your feedback on in relation to this. Apologies again I am unable to offer you better news at this time. Stacey

Advertisement