Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio listings in the RTE Guide

• 27-04-2016 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Years ago the RTE Guide used to give very detailed listings for radio, producers, editors etc of shows were listed but now they don't even list the presenter of many radio shows. They are no better now than a feee mag that would come with the sun newspaper on a Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I agree. Obviously being produced in RTE it was the place to go for RTE Radio listings and yes, named the producer too, when a producer mattered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Years ago the RTE Guide used to give very detailed listings for radio, producers, editors etc of shows were listed but now they don't even list the presenter of many radio shows. They are no better now than a feee mag that would come with the sun newspaper on a Saturday.

Why do you start so many pointless threads about RTE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

They always publish incorrect listings for 2fm on bank holiday Mondays now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭I wear socks

They always publish incorrect listings for 2fm on bank holiday Mondays now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

I guess with the advent of EPGs on television the RTE Guide is more of a features magazine.

There is a good opportunity for them to really highlight what's on on the radio though as no such services exist really.

It's a massive circulation magazine though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,443 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I remember the RTE guide being a staple purchase in our house when we were growing up, especially the Christmas edition. I haven't seen it now in years, I can't imagine many people buy it religiously these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭12Phase

It's still the largest selling magazine in Ireland with 399,000 readers. So somebody is buying lots of copies of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭The Parish priest

Again this year they don't have the right Christmas listings for 2fm but they have the right ones for Today fm and Newstalk... only RTE :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Shan Doras

I noticed today flicking through the guide at me Ma's house their "Radio tuning information" still had AM 1341 kHz and 873 kHz listed for BBC radio Ulster and LW 252 for RTE radio 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭bureau2009

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

The RTE Guide is the WORST place to find accurate information about RTE's programmes😠

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Shan Doras

Obviously print media is in it's twilight years and it's kinda understandable that the rte Guide wouldn't be much of a priority these days... but even the RTE radio website doesn't list producers nowadays, I just learned from another poster that Ray Darcy's show has an new producer who used produce Newstalks Moncriffe show but his/her name is nowhere to be seen on the webpage 🤷

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Dr Karl

Is her name Caroline Clarke/Moncrieff? If so she is the current Mrs Sean Moncrieff and was a producer on the 2 Johnnies on 2FM.

Advertisement