If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stereo

Options
  • 27-04-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Richersounds, I am wiring up a building at the moment, would like to put in wired ceiling speakers, is there any way I can control what music is playing and the volume etc through my phone and or a tablet this way? Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Hi Richersounds, I am wiring up a building at the moment, would like to put in wired ceiling speakers, is there any way I can control what music is playing and the volume etc through my phone and or a tablet this way? Thanks!
    Hi Idbatterim, thanks for your post

Yes there are a couple of multiroom systems you can use which give smartphone control for each room.

Have a look at the Denon Heos system - http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/heos - this is a network based multiroom system, giving you full independent volume/source control for each room, you would just need one Heos amp per zone along with your speakers.
    This allows sources like Spotify/Internet Radio/Tidal/Network Hard Drives/smartphone.......the list goes on

How many rooms were you thinking of?
    And do you need speakers supplied also? Could look at a bundle price for you

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Yes there are a couple of multiroom systems you can use which give smartphone control for each room.

Have a look at the Denon Heos system - http://www.denon.co.uk/uk/heos - this is a network based multiroom system, giving you full independent volume/source control for each room, you would just need one Heos amp per zone along with your speakers.
    This allows sources like Spotify/Internet Radio/Tidal/Network Hard Drives/smartphone.......the list goes on

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

thanks for getting back to me, I saw you had a few denon heos units up, you are talking about 7-8 rooms at least. I was wondering if it was possible to simply put in wired ceiling speakers and potentially also have zones, one for basement, one for ground floor etc... hook them up to a receiver and control volume and songs that way? Thanks again!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Cheers
    Brian
    Hi Brian,

thanks for getting back to me, I saw you had a few denon heos units up, you are talking about 7-8 rooms at least. I was wondering if it was possible to simply put in wired ceiling speakers and potentially also have zones, one for basement, one for ground floor etc... hook them up to a receiver and control volume and songs that way? Thanks again!
    HI Idbatterim

Normally you would need one amplifier per room, that way each room could be switched on/off independently, but more importantly an independent volume control, as what may be a decent level in one room, may be too loud in another smaller room

Doing this way, you would need 1 amp  and a pair of speakers per room.
    I will price up a full system of amps and speakers and PM you in the morning if thats ok

Cheers
    Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.