Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out in Clonmel

• 27-04-2016 4:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

I'm going down to Clonmel for a weekend soon with a few lads (early 30's). Just wondering whats the best pubs to go to on the Saturday? Maybe somewhere decent with grub too that will be showing the match. Also many choices for late bars? Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I'm going down to Clonmel for a weekend soon with a few lads (early 30's). Just wondering whats the best pubs to go to on the Saturday? Maybe somewhere decent with grub too that will be showing the match. Also many choices for late bars? Thanks!

Gleesons is a good pub for the matches but they don't do food.

There's only one late bar nowadays down there and that's called O'Keeffes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

My usual routine on a Saturday night is Mulcahys (they have football on a projecter screen and do food) and then Bakers bar. Bakers suits an age group like yours. O' Keeffes would be too young a crowd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Ye should also try ELDONS for the match..no food unfortunately. Phil Carrolls is lovely for a drink (no TV or food).
    Mulcahys is prob your best bet for food and the match.
    Bakers for a late bar !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,820 ✭✭✭✭klose

Yup gotta echo the suggestions already posted, for bakers (the late bar) i would suggest getting early to get some seats as its small enough but its a great little spot when ye have seats. Gleesons is ideal for your group but unfortunately they don't do any grub. Mulcahys do serve food but it can be quiet enough in there at times, pretty hit and miss. Phil carolls is great for quiet pints too if thats your scene but they have no tvs in theres, prett unique pub imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,467 ✭✭✭cml387

...the match???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

cml387 wrote: »
    ...the match???

Sorry should have stated will be the weekend of the champions league. Looks like we'll have a few to get through before it starts!

Advertisement