Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Festivals

Options
  • 27-04-2016 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

Folks festival season is upon us again. I was at Electric Picnic last year and I vow never to return to such an overcrowded money grabbing Cesspit. I am mid thirties so maybe that tainted it for me as well. I am a fan of all music and none. I went to the All Ireland Fleadh in Sligo and I will tell you it was a great experience.
    So is there any Festivals in Ireland that people absolutely recommend. I like partying, I don't like heavy security and rip-off prices.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭HausOfTony

You should definitely check out Knockanstockan! Seriously laid back, great music, very reasonably priced drinks, minimal security and tickets are quite cheap too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Kilkenny roots festival this weekend. Wonderful weekend. The people that visit for it make the weekend. some good music and a lot of it for free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Fleadh na gCuach - The Cuckoo Fleadh in Kinvara, Co Galway starts this weekend from 29th April - May 2nd, a feast of traditional sessions and open air concerts overlooking Galway Bay. http://www.kinvara.com/cuckoo/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭MattD

BARE in the woods is soon to announce their 2016 lineup, very small inexpensive festival with a lot of good hype. Sugarhill gang headlining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Knockanstockan, Body and Soul, Vantastival, Castlepalooza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

Knockanstockan, Body and Soul, Vantastival, Castlepalooza
    I'd agree on Vantastival. You can bring in as much booze as you want, even into the venues. Very laid back. Castlepalooza also good`but looks like it's gonna be a different vibe this year as it's no longer indendent. Body and Soul is heading in the direction of EP now. I don't wanna be that guy but the first few years were amazing, such a great vibe. Now it's basically a mini EP and it's not even that mini anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Had a brilliant time up on Arranmore Island for Swell last year, great little festival! Elysian Circus, Townlands, Sea Sessions, Groove, The Cottage, Secret Garden, Sunflower festivals all seem like good shouts this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I'd agree on Vantastival. You can bring in as much booze as you want, even into the venues. Very laid back. Castlepalooza also good`but looks like it's gonna be a different vibe this year as it's no longer indendent. Body and Soul is heading in the direction of EP now. I don't wanna be that guy but the first few years were amazing, such a great vibe. Now it's basically a mini EP and it's not even that mini anymore.

Yeah I'd agree with all that. Body and Soul last year was my first year there and it was the best festival weekend I've ever had, even if its getting a lot bigger compared to previous years. It may be heading the way of EP but it's still only like a third of the size as of yet.

Vantastival is a magical little gem. I think they've downsized it this year and it's on near Drogheda instead of outside Dundalk this time around.

Advertisement