Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnection query

Options
  • 27-04-2016 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Can I please ask for the full process involved when disconnecting a supply. My family home has been empty for quite a while now and with neither myself or my sister interested in moving back home, we have decided to disconnect the power. Do I need to be present or can it be done from outside the building? Is there a form I need to submit? Also, the account will be very much in credit as it has been estimated readings for a while now as the house was vacant. How will I get a refund? As I am paying direct debit, will my bank account be reimbursed? Finally, will the disconnection charge be factored into the final bill? Cheers for all your help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi honerbright,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Does your query relate to both electricity and gas or just electricity? An electricity disconnection or reconnection costs €79.45. If the property requires reconnection after six months a wiring cert will also be needed. If it has been more than two years, you will need to request a brand new connection to get the power back on. A gas disconnection or reconnection costs €72.54. You may also require a wiring cert before reconnecting the gas for safety reasons.

The technician will need to access the meter to take a final meter reading and disconnect the supply. If the meter is not accessible you will need to arrange for somebody to be there. A reconnection will always require somebody to be present for safety reasons.

In order to request a disconnection for both gas or electricity, you will need to call our colleagues in the Customer Service team on 1850 372 372. The phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm Monday to Saturday (excluding bank holidays).

A disconnection charge and any funds due to you will appear on the closing statement. If you need to request a refund, you can contact us once the bill has been issued. If you have a direct debit, the credit can be returned to your bank account or issued by cheque.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

That's fantastic. Thanks for such a concise and prompt reply. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi honerbright,

You are very welcome.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement