Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible to make a Soundboard app without any coding?

Options
  • 27-04-2016 6:16pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a little idea for an app - Just a bit of fun but I'd like to see if I could do it. Not looking to make money off it - however I would like it on the app store to see if I can get some downloads etc. It's basically a soundboard. Open app, get a list of icons, push one, plays an mp3 clip. That's it.

How easy would this be to make? Can I do it with some of those app builder tools without any proper knowledge of coding etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Who owns copyright on the sounds? :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good point, I found some packs online where can you buy individual sounds for your apps. I'd probably do it that way but I'd have to look into it. It's nothing from movies or music anything like that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Zascar wrote: »
    How easy would this be to make? Can I do it with some of those app builder tools without any proper knowledge of coding etc?

Very. I've seen such apps in several of the app builders, there's also dozens of code sample floating around the interwebs and I'd be surprised if you couldn't buy a ready-written app for customisation from the likes of CodeCanyon.

If you're thinking of trying to launch such an app on the Apple App Store, I'd expect it to be rejected for lacking originality.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks, any more info you can point me to would be appreciated.

There is actually already a crappy version of what I had in mind on the store. Its a soundboard with a very particular theme/subject aimed at a specific group. However what I have in mind is way better than the one that's on there - so hopefully I won't have a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭mach1982

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

mach1982 wrote: »

Android.

Advertisement