Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smackdown 2016 Tapings Thread **Spoilers**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,507 ✭✭✭✭CSF

DM_7 wrote: »
    Shocked that they are keeping Miz as IC champ and that Titus taking on Rusev.

Still think there's a big chance it'll be Cena vs Rusev as a Memorial Day thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I must be the only one who likes the miz. Yea grand as the champion. He will lose it eventually.

Best heel on TV imo. Only one who understands that his job is for people to boo him.
    Great champ, title run & gimmick.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A great heel is hated. A great heel can put on and lead a great match.

Miz is grand but he is not hated, he is a panto villain. He doesn't do much of note in a match. Which is fine for the mid to low card.

He deserves a good run for the crap he was handed. Once he was put in with three great in ring talents I thought his run would be short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

with Miz I think a lot of it is "go away" heat.
    there's nothing he's ever done in the ring or on the mic that's made me care about him one way or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Weird . I've always felt he is one of the most solid talkers in the biz. He does get booed.

• Advertisement

Miz is a great heel but he is the sort of heel we've no time for anymore. The IWC seems to think a heel is best when they actually like them (Owens, Wyatt, Rollins) but you see why WWE like it better when we don't like them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

ByPWSlam EditorPosted on May 24,

SmackDown Spoilers:

– AJ Styles is interviewed backstage and was asked what’s next for him. Styles says he doesn’t know and walked away.

Not even WWE know what's next for Styles. Can't see why they didn't turn him heel and continue the club storyline. It's a pity they didn't put the belt on him as heel champ vs. the returning Rollins, what an epic summer that would have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The miz is seriously one of the most underated wrestlers in the last decade. He is just a great heel and talker. Yes hes not amazing in the ring but can hold is own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

This weeks Smackdown results
    Results

Fresh off of Monday's beating, WWE tag team champions The New Day kicked off the show. They were quickly interrupted by The Club. After some back-and-forth, a match between Kofi Kingston and AJ Styles was booked for the night's main event.
    Becky Lynch defeated WWE women's champion Charlotte by disqualification. Late in the match, Dana Brooke interfered, necessitating the finish. Before a two-on-one beating could ensue, Natalya hit the ring, making the save. Her and Lynch left the heels scurrying to safety to close out the segment.
    The Dudley Boyz defeated The Golden Truth following interference from Tyler Breeze and Fandango, ensuring the never-ending feud continues.
    Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn defeated Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio. In the typical pre-Money in the Bank angle, Owens climbed a ladder and grabbed the briefcase, establishing himself as one of the favorites to win the match.
    United States champion Rusev defeated Jack Swagger in what feels like the thousandth meeting between the Bulgarian Brute and Real American. After the match, Titus O'Neil made the save, following up on his Monday night confrontation with the titleholder.
    AJ Styles defeated Kofi Kingston. As one would expect, Big E, Xavier Woods, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson brawled at ringside, leading to the finish.

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2643518-wwe-smackdown-spoilers-complete-results-and-analysis-for-june-2

In the typical pre-Money in the Bank angle, Owens climbed a ladder and grabbed the briefcase, establishing himself as one of the favorites to win the match.

too soon, that's for the go-home show where all seven guys try climb a ladder for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

All 6 guys it seems.

Also Styles actually won by the Styles Clash for a change?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,810 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Caesaro looked pretty cool in the suit, I thought he was some kind of security at first (I never recognise his **** entrance theme)

AJ is very happy and confident in the heel role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

yeah i like the heel aj, can you imagine a feud between him and a face rollins?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Caesaro looked pretty cool in the suit, I thought he was some kind of security at first (I never recognise his **** entrance theme)

His springboard elbow without losing the sunglasses was cool but the suit thing is terrible tbh. As is the James Bond style titantron vid.
    The golden truth entrance was different.....tho I immediately lost interest when minutes after a ringside beatdown from golden truth you saw Fandango & Breeze I guess I'd describe it as mincing at ringside.
    Laughed when Owens insulted Zayn's look, because with that hat & jacket it looks like he sells horses in Ballinasloe

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0607/612459/live-spoilers-wwe-smackdown-tapings-for-this-week/
    AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson open SmackDown with a promo on how they will all win at Money In the Bank. Enzo Amore and Big Cass interrupt, calling them "SAWFT" for a big reaction. Gallows made fun of Enzo for being a former manager at Hooters. Enzo said The Club has been champions on every continent but Antarctica. WWE Tag Team Champions The New Day made their way to ringside for commentary

* Enzo and Cass vs. Gallows and Anderson ended after interference from both The Vaudevillains and The New Day. All four teams brawled

* Renee Young interviewed Rusev backstage. He said he was greater than Muhammad Ali. Titus O'Neil interrupted and said he would beat Rusev at Money In the Bank

* Kevin Owens and Alberto Del Rio defeated Cesaro and Sami Zayn. Zayn and Owens disappeared for part of the match and fought to the backstage area before returning. When Owen s came back, he attacked his partner and then pinned Cesaro

* Becky Lynch defeated Dana Brooke by submission

* A promo airs with Bob Backlund and Darren Young. Bob tells Darren he saves money by only wearing one pair of clothes, down to his tighty-whities

* Baron Corbin defeated Kalisto with End of Days. Dolph Ziggler was on commentary

* Backstage segment with Sheamus and Apollo Crews. Sheamus makes fun of Crews but Crews punches Sheamus, sending him into a bunch of objects

* Chris Jericho defeated Dean Ambrose with a Codebreaker. After the match, Ambrose attacked Jericho with a ladder to end SmackDown

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

They are really dragging out this Corbin/Ziggler rivalry

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

I get what there doing Ziggler is a good hand and good for someone like Corbin but think dragging them both down. Think you can say the same for Y2J/Dean they must have had 4/5 single match in the past three months plus tags. Rusev getting Titus Jesus, even Ryder won't been better.

I think the problem isn't so much that they're carrying on feuds, as much as that they're carrying on feuds without really developing stories at all.

A long feud between Ziggler and Corbin might work if people could actually remember why they're feuding and who currently has the upper hand. They're doing similar with Golden Truth and Breezy Fanny, and also with Rusev and Titus. Am I alone in not knowing/being able to remember why Titus and Rusev are feuding? I know there's been runins etc but has either of them spoke a word on live television? I know Titus did his interview with Cole but what percentage of viewers will watch that?

Results
    Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2646384-wwe-smackdown-spoilers-complete-results-and-analysis-for-june-16

Jericho's Highlight Reel kicked off the show. Ambrose was his guest, though Del Rio, Zayn, Owens and Cesaro interrupted, setting up a six-man tag team main event that had been previously announced on Raw, essentially rendering the entire segment useless.
    The New Day's Kofi Kingston defeated The Club's Gallows, The Vaudevillains' Aiden English and Big Cass in a Fatal 4-Way match that served as the final hype to Sunday's tag title bout.
    Baron Corbin defeated Zack Ryder. Dolph Ziggler sat in on commentary and then found himself the recipient of a staredown courtesy of The Lone Wolf in what amounted to one last hard sell for this weekend's...free pre-show match.
    United States champion Rusev defeated Kalisto in a rematch of their rematches from the last few weeks. After the bell, Titus O'Neil hit the ring, making the save for the masked luchador while avenging The Bulgarian Brute's perpetuated sneak attack on Raw.
    Styles defeated Woods via submission with the Calf Crusher.
    Women's champion Charlotte defeated Natalya in a non-title match as the cavalcade of rematches marched on. Dana Brooke and Becky Lynch brawled at ringside during the match.
    Ambrose, Zayn and Cesaro defeated Owens, Jericho and Del Rio when The Lunatic Fringe pinned Owens after dissension among the heels. Ambrose celebrated to close out the show.

Looks like a skippable show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Isn't it always? Nothing of storyline significance ever happens on it.

Why Did I start this Thread?

* There will be a WWE United States Title match tonight
    * Cesaro defeated Sheamus, Apollo Crews and Alberto Del Rio in a Fatal 4 Way to become the new #1 contender. He will face Rusev for the title later tonight. Sheamus immediately lays Cesaro out and beats him up. Rusev comes out and says he's starting the match right now

* Rusev retained the WWE United States Title over Cesaro after a good match

* Dana Brooke squashed Billie Kay from WWE NXT

* Sasha Banks vs. Summer Rae is announced

* MizTV with WWE Intercontinental Champion The Miz and WWE Champion Dean Ambrose leads to a fight and Miz goes over

* The Wyatt Family made their entrance

* Braun Strowman and Erick Rowan squashed two local wrestlers

* Sasha Banks defeated Summer Rae

* Dean Ambrose defeated The Miz in a non-title main event

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

DM_7 wrote: »
    Why Did I start this Thread?

That seems decent on paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Who would've thought Billie Kay would make it on to Smackdown before Bayley?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So Enzo Amore apparently took another awful bump due to a ring rope mishap (suicide dive this time) at last night's tapings.

If he had a dime for every time he hit the ropes and didn't get back up, he would have...2 DIMES!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I don't think this one is half as serious as the one at Payback at least, but I haven't seen it and it will probably be edited out.

Just goes to show that despite how great he is on the mic, he's still pretty green in the ring which has been fairly obvious since his debut, he really isn't a good enough wrestler to make it as a singles star anytime soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Who would've thought Billie Kay would make it on to Smackdown before Bayley?

Well, as one of the What Culture folks said, they need someone to job out to Dana. I guess Summer Rae was busy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Zach Ryder push is on. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Main Event

– Eight-Man Tag Team Match: Jack Swagger & Apollo Crews & The Golden Truth defeated The Vaudevillains & The Ascension

– Singles Match: Becky Lynch defeated Alicia Fox.

– Singles Match: Sheamus defeated Titus O’Neil.

SmackDown

– Three separate video packages for Kevin Owens, Dean Ambrose and Charlotte opens the show.

– Singles Match: Sasha Banks beat Dana Brooke by submission.

– Singles Match: Dolph Ziggler defeated Rusev with a roll up after Ryder distracted Rusev.

– Tag Team Match: AJ Styles and Karl Anderson beat Enzo and Cass when Enzo tapped to the calf crusher.

– Singles Match: Zack Ryder defeated Alberto Del Rio with the Rough Ryder. Post-match, Rusev ran down to the ring and tried to hit a superkick, but Ryder reversed it and hit Rusev with a dropkick. Ryder then walked to the back.

– Singles Match: Tyler Breeze defeated Kalisto with a superkick after a distraction from Fandango.

– Darren Young and Bob Backlund appeared on Miz TV. Miz asked Young if he was nervous but Backlund interrupted and started yelling at Miz. Then, Miz told Young that he got lucky on RAW and was not great. Backlund yells at him, and Miz called Backlund an old man. Backlund put Miz in the Crossface Chickenwing, and this ended the segment. Young had a new theme song.

– There was a backstage segment with Shane McMahon and R-Truth. Truth asks if Shane can draft Golden Truth to SmackDown and Shane said he doesn’t know yet. Goldust interrupts and Shane walked away slowly.

– Charlotte announced that she would team with Dana Brooke to face Sasha Banks and a mystery partner at Battleground.

– Singles Match: Dean Ambrose defeated Kevin Owens by DQ when Seth Rollins interfered. Post-match, Sami Zayn made the save. This led to Shane walking out and announcing a tag team match.

– Tag Team Match: Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens defeated Dean Ambrose and Sami Zayn. Rollins hit the Pedigree on Zayn for the win. Post-match, Ambrose hit Dirty Deeds on Rollins to close the show

Source: http://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-smackdown-results-71416-spoilers-taped-on-71216/

• Advertisement

Bayley to get the call-up at the draft, and debut tagging with Sasha at Battleground?

Advertisement