Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this gas usage normal?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I have just calculated that we used 884 metres cubed in the last year i.e. c74 p.m. - cooking on hob and heating (but very little heating May-ish to October-ish). We do have an electric immersion and an open fire. To cut down on bills we might only have heat on for an hour in morning and then two or three hrs in evening - spread over a before-dinner period and a later period as house heats / cools. I work from home but could not justify having heat on when here alone so I just wrap up hugely and hope I don't have to answer door too often!

The Bord Gáis bill also gives you the details of your annual consumption - bar Feb 2014 when they said our annual consumption was 13989 and Dec 14 when they said our annual consumption was 9638, it has always been between 10056 kWh and 11600 kWh (average of 82 metres cubed p.m. 2014 - 2016).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

TheDriver wrote: »
    I find people say they only spend say 200 a bill on gas in winter. But then don't add on the 40 a week in coal for the fire.
    Its about 1-1.20 an hour to run my boiler so its easy to see how much you should be paying

We'd have 1 bag of coal every two weeks. So say 6.50 for coal per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP, whats the BER of the premises?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

ED E wrote: »
    OP, whats the BER of the premises?

Not sure, what is BER?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭armabelle

The Bord Gáis bill also gives you the details of your annual consumption - bar Feb 2014 when they said our annual consumption was 13989 and Dec 14 when they said our annual consumption was 9638, it has always been between 10056 kWh and 11600 kWh (average of 82 metres cubed p.m. 2014 - 2016).

Your average gas consumption is 11000kwh? That means you spend around 550 euro a year on gas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marguerite2000

From 13 november to 16 feb ,,,i was billed 570 euro,,,,approximatly 3 months ,,,
    ,hows that for high ,,i used gas extravantly for the first 10 days in that property as it was like a fridge as had been empty long time ,
    ,then we averaged at 35 to 40 euro per week using it no more than 2-3 hours per day it heats our water as well and we have no other source ,,
    ,we had to run an electric heater along side this approx 35 cent an hour ,,i had payg meter that showed cost of appliance usage which was usful ,,,sorry of topic there ,,
    unfortunatly i have no way of checking anything as i just get a txt message of balance ,
    we pay in advance (it appartment )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

armabelle wrote: »
    Your average gas consumption is 11000kwh? That means you spend around 550 euro a year on gas?

Yes - we spend that on the gas CONSUMED but add on €82 for standing charge, €40 for carbon tax and VAT on everything at 13.5%.

Advertisement