Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hamilton

• 27-04-2016 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭

Got the sound track there on Monday
    I'll admit I was skeptical when I heard it was a Hip Hop Historical Musical about the life of Alexander Hamilton but wow, ive been listening to soundtrack non stop
    Story is pretty cool aswell

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm so excited. SO EXCITED.

I stayed up to watch the Tonys, and they closed it with The Schuyler Sisters, and I fell in love all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 nmrmcs

I'm so excited. SO EXCITED.

I stayed up to watch the Tonys, and they closed it with The Schuyler Sisters, and I fell in love all over again.

Can I ask how you got to watch them? Is there any way I could rewatch them online? I've been trying all day to no avail! 😠thanks ☺️

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Reputable sources only please. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

BBC Radio 2 are doing a show on Friday about it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I got tickets, I'm so excited! They're for March 2018 so I probably won't keep up this level of excitement for 14 months, but you never know!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

nmrmcs wrote: »
    Can I ask how you got to watch them? Is there any way I could rewatch them online? I've been trying all day to no avail! 😠thanks ☺️

The actual performance of the first one starts at 2:12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'm going in January! It was a very stressful 35 minutes trying to get tickets but they're mine, yippee!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Gonna pick some up this evening for my birthday in 2018!! Way ahead of time but it'll be something to look forward to.

Had completely forgot about signing up to the priority ticketing. Was a nice surprise to get the email.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Roll on February 2018
    🎵Gonna be in the room where it happens 🎵

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Got my tickets too. Going in December so will be a nice Christmas treat :). Saw it when I was in NYC and it was without a doubt the best musical I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Got my tickets too. Going in December so will be a nice Christmas treat :). Saw it when I was in NYC and it was without a doubt the best musical I have seen.

Lucky you! I'd love to have gone in December but by the time I got my priority booking email, Nov, Dec and Jan had no availability. Booked for June 2018 in the end - seems too far away to get excited about! But after everything I've heard and read about it, I really didn't want to miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Can't wait to go see this. Heading in January. I've listened to it so much over the last year or so I think it has dethroned Phantom as my favourite musical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I had the privilege of seeing Hamilton last Friday in San Francisco, thanks to the lottery system ($10 tickets, 2nd row orchestra, center!). It was INCREDIBLE! I have been listening to the soundtrack nonstop for months, so it was partly just a big celebration to be there and be singing along with the songs in my heads. But seeing it on stage really brought the music to life even more. It was so, so good. I came away with a new appreciation for songs that hadn't really stuck to me up until then.

I'm back at it, trying for the lottery again in hopes I can see it once more before it leaves town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I’m listening to god soundtrack this morning. And it’s fantastic. Would love to see the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Saw it last month and have tickets to go again in September, it is phenomenonal!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I got tickets to go next month in London!
    In the stalls near the back and cannot wait.
    I've been listening to the soundtrack for so long that I'm super pumped.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭5star02707

Fingers crossed*

Gutted to not get tickets while in London so please bring the show here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

5star02707 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed*

Gutted to not get tickets while in London so please bring the show here :P

They're releasing tickets for July this afternoon at 12pm. :D:D

• Advertisement

eimaj18 wrote: »

thanks for the heads up

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Do you know if Hamilton will be still showing in August? I am over in London in August and want to go to a show - and hopefully Hamilton - but obviously tickets are not on sale, and I don't know if it will still even be showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Do you know if Hamilton will be still showing in August? I am over in London in August and want to go to a show - and hopefully Hamilton - but obviously tickets are not on sale, and I don't know if it will still even be showing.

I'd be shocked if Hamilton wasn't in London until at least the end of the year tbh. Sells out all the time

I've noticed that they seem to release tickets for the next batch once a month. So, today, they've released tickets for July. I would guess around this time next month they'd release tickets for September - that's just what I've noticed though. Keep an eye on their Facebook - that's where I saw it.

I got great tickets for a Saturday in July for £56.50 each - steep, but am happy. :D

Got my tickets ;) perfect birthday present for the other half :D Thanks again eimaj18

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

For Dublin? Nothing on TM

OU812 wrote: »
    For Dublin? Nothing on TM

London West End. They just released July 2019 dates

For anyone who wants to see Hamilton

Tickets for August 2019 will be on sale later today at 12 noon